Finman

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
almost all are set up with unlegal way

Maybe yet another difference between the two countries. Here in the UK one needs, by law, to have insurance cover to use a motorised vehicle in a public place, particularly on the road. Vehicles modified to avoid the regulations are usually voided for any insurance claim by the policy providers. Hence one is technically using a motor vehicle on the road with no insurance.

Maybe.

Huge amount of accidents happens with too fast mopeds.
Too many young will be paralyzed or dead, and the reason is that parents make those deadly set ups.

.Police gives big penalties but folks are not afraid.

Injured moped drivers: blue men, red women

graafi_loukkaantuneet_mopoilijat_sp_1999_2011.gif

Last edited:
Sorry, but you did not understand anything.

I do not breed queens myself. I use others' material My yard is too small to own breeding. I prefer to by couple of queens from guys who has over 300 or 500 hives. Some have 1000 hives.

It is much more easier to find good mother queens from a 500 hives' gang than 15.

When you rear your own queens, you must sacrifice every year at least one good productive hive. Own queens are not free. It is about 100 kg honey and much money. 100 kg x 6 euros = 600 euros

But if you are going to generate selecting material from dry pastures, that I call brainless suicide.

How many hives you are going to put onto poor pastures where even one hive is too much?

5 hives is not much. 20 hives is something....

5 hives x 100 kg x 6 euros = 3000 euros. That is a price of your queens?

From free markets you can buy 100 mated queens with that sum.

When I was starting in the beekeeping I was taught that i should not use a second super over the Dadant hive( the skies woud collapse or some other bad thing would happen - so wrong) The Langsthrots are not very popular here, especially amongst the elder beekeepers). There is a common belief that our area ( and southern Bulgaria in generally) doesn't have good honeyflows. This is somewhat true, but only when compared to northern Bulgaria) In south Bulgaria the annual average yeld is 20-30 kg per hive. Most of the seasons there are 2-3 honeyflows, and only in good years 4-5, in "bad" seasons there is at least one ( the figures are for non migratory beekeeping).

I remember one year from those early days of mine when I got 40 kg average, and best hive gave me 45 kg.
Later, I began experimenting, providing more room for honey ( well, nothing bad happen) and not longer since, believe me or not, i began extracting more honey from a single crop than I was used to have before in a season! .... and I stoped sharing info about how much my yeld was, for reasons to not gain myself a bad reputation (LIAR, CHEATER etc.)

Nowadays, the honey extraction is not fun anymore, actually I find it annoying - I usually extract honey when I have nothing else to do. I prefer seasons with one or two (not heavy) honeyflows, the work goes much smoother- doesn't create problems with the cell finishers or the drone rearing collonies.

But if you are going to generate selecting material from dry pastures, that I call brainless suicide.

How many hives you are going to put onto poor pastures where even one hive is too much?

How much a selection error could cost?
In years with heavy flows often I am not able to get the right decision. Not always the best hives gather most honey ( for ex. due to difference in their arrangement of honey stores behaviour).

And by the way, the wholesale price of the honey in Bulgaria is not 6 euros, it is just about 2 euro. And i most often tend to "sell" it below that price ( friends, acquaintances, relatives...)

I use others' material. My yard is too small to own breeding. I prefer to by couple of queens from guys who has over 300 or 500 hives. Some have 1000 hives.

Just to inform you, the beekeepers of this size in Bulgaria also don't select their bees. It is in fact illegal. Those who produce queens for sale are queen propagators, they are not allowed to have their own selection program, nor they have the choice where to buy their breeders from.

My aim in the beekeeping is not a pursuit of greater profits, but converting beekeepers.

I hope now this makes more sense to the above statement.

Wasn't that the Suzuki that put an end to the 'high power' mopeds ... although it had pedals that actually would drive the back wheels it would only barely reach walking pace when you were pedalling furiously !! (and didn't they fold up as well ?). Later 'moped' regulations included speed limiters and limits on the BHP rather than just CC's. I seem to recall that these Suzukis, with just a bit of tweaking, could do about 60mph - drove a coach and horses through the 'moped' definition regs

No need for tweaking, it produced speeds of over 60mph, I bought the last one in a local motor bike shop before the new law came in. Thinking about it now it was a bit fast for a sixteen year old to just jump on it and do that speed however as kids we always had races on bicycles down hill (lots in Wales) and reached well over 60mph. broke an arm and lost a tooth doing this lol

No need for tweaking, it produced speeds of over 60mph, I bought the last one in a local motor bike shop before the new law came in. Thinking about it now it was a bit fast for a sixteen year old to just jump on it and do that speed however as kids we always had races on bicycles down hill (lots in Wales) and reached well over 60mph. broke an arm and lost a tooth doing this lol

You haven't lived as a 16 year old until you've experienced that glorious feeling of flight when the bike goes one way and you go the other at high speed ... it's the bone crunching, flesh grazing, knee and elbow ripping, landings that seemed to give me the most trouble ! :rofl:

In the UK, that is not a moped - it has no pedals!

Just another difference between Finland and the UK.... But, nevermind, it was close.

I really find it amusing when native speaker criticise foreigners. how many natives speak a second language? much less than all other non-uk european forum members. they rather should appreciate the fact that foreigners speak english or at least can express their thinking. if they wouldn't be able to do that then there would be only Benidorm left for native speaker where they would be understood

I really find it amusing when native speaker criticise foreigners. how many natives speak a second language? much less than all other non-uk european forum members. they rather should appreciate the fact that foreigners speak english or at least can express their thinking. if they wouldn't be able to do that then there would be only Benidorm left for native speaker where they would be understood
:iagree:

At five I was forced to learn a foreign language at school and am now proudly fluent - English

At five I was forced to learn a foreign language at school and am now proudly fluent - English

Your "signature" is in danger of getting longer than your posts.

As for learning another language, if you are lucky enough to have English as your first language you don't really need any others.

Even the French are catching on at last.:party:

Chris

As for learning another language, if you are lucky enough to have English as your first language you don't really need any others.

Even the French are catching on at last.:party:

Chris

That is, if you consider language as a blunt tool to comprehend others and to be comprehended, I prefer language to sing and dance to my senses and for this English is simply second class !

That is, if you consider language as a blunt tool to comprehend others and to be comprehended, I prefer language to sing and dance to my senses and for this English is simply second class !
even the french catching up but without speaking french you want catch a french love...

Chris

Lucky enough, laziness or just plain arrogance?
I must admit that having English as a second language means that unfortunately I tend not to try and exercise my rudimentary grip of French or Italian when given the chance. Although two years ago after valiantly helping the Italians celebrate the anniversary of their unification being incapable of even articulating in Welsh I managed to direct our taxi driver back to the hotel in latin!!

Sorry about the length of my signature is it the amount of syllables that's worrying you? :D

even the french catching up but without speaking french you want catch a french love...

Don't be disgusting, I don't want to catch anything thank you, mais j'ai beaucoup d'amis français wot parle englise.

Chris

I speighk Lanky tha knows? Neigh there's a lingo us'll powfag t'muist folk!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back