Finman vs Winnie the Pooh

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to see compensation being paid for bear damage. Now I wonder if I could get something for damage caused by woodpeckers or badgers?
Think I know the answer
S

IT is only some bears which break hives. One bear can break tens of hives in a week. They use to eate brood from hives.

They learn to break / eliminate electric fences.

And the do gooders in this country want to reintroduce wolfs ,bears and beavers.They never look further than their town houses.

And the do gooders in this country want to reintroduce wolfs ,bears and beavers.They never look further than their town houses.

We already have beavers, they have escaped the trial “fenced” reintroduction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We already have beavers, they have escaped the trial “fenced” reintroduction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

From what I have heard the beavers have been 'helped' to escape. The introduction of beavers may well help many areas of the country which flood from the destruction of the countryside by some farmers.
S

A curious phrase “do gooders”. I thought it was an insult used by Daily Mail readers to describe people who have a degree of compassion. But I don’t see what compassion has to do with reintroducing forms of wildlife that have died out. I think the people who favour that are bunny huggers (who forget both that rabbits are an introduced species and that they’ll get gobbled up by the naughty wolves).

I for one as one of these do gooders according to you, I would love to see some stuff reintroduced to our country so what if they damage a few colonies or other stuff that’s life we are not the only living things with importance in this world nor are our possessions.

I for one as one of these do gooders according to you, I would love to see some stuff reintroduced to our country so what if they damage a few colonies or other stuff that’s life we are not the only living things with importance in this world nor are our possessions.

me too!

just because mankind wipes out a species of animal that was originally native to our shores doesn't mean it wasn't doing good.
as previously mentioned Beavers have been shown to have made a positive impact on the environment, maybe Wolves are a step too far but I guess that they were part of the natural control of said beavers and indeed would control Deer numbers in areas where they cause massive damage to trees, so what about recent projects to reintroduce butterflies and bees that were made extinct in this country?

I guess that's okay as they are small and cute?

Beavers have been shown to have made a positive impact on the environment,

What is the positive impact they have?
I'm afraid all I see is they chop down loads of trees to build damns which block watercourses preventing substantial natural fish migration to spawning grounds.

And prevent huge volumes charging downstream to flood areas that should never have houses built on them. The 'trees' are saplings, under storeys are cleared allowing more plant diversity, new environment is created for other species, etc, etc.
I could think of quite a few people to exterminate so a few packs of vicious Wolves would do nicely.

And prevent huge volumes charging downstream to flood areas that should never have houses built on them. The 'trees' are saplings, .

Yeah, saplings....
beaver-tree-damage-23577176.jpg

beaver-tree-damage-11915164.jpg

We have very very different ideas of what size tree saplings are. I'll go with the google images search for tree saplings...here's an example of a walnut sapling.

$_86.JPG

Nothing needs reintroducing IMO all it will do is upset the apple cart we now have, we have a shortage of ponds and water ways these days which make Amphibian numbers really low especially the Great Crested newt.
What have the tree huggers done about that, i will tell you what they have done, they have only reintroduced Great Bustard which eat amphibians, this is a pebble in the pond subject' you just cannot make this shite up, in 20/30/40/50 years time all this reintroduced wildlife will be on the pest control list yet again, leave well alone i think and let the wildlife we have balance its self out without more human fook ups.

Latest posts

Back