Filing Cabinet approach, honestly!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jezd

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Other
Number of Hives
Dear Lord, can this be true?

http://www.drawhive.co.uk/

I know its the 1st April but this is too much effort to be a joke.

I can think of a 101 reasons why this a madness, but it will make you smile!

Jez

:lurk5:

Remember it is the duty of every beekeeper to invent at least one new hive type in his lifetime..

Remember it is the duty of every beekeeper to invent at least one new hive type in his lifetime..

I am still in shock on this hive, but i do agree with that policy :)

It's been around for ages.

The person who makes them is a member of our association and some other members have used them perfectly well.

Please note- I'm not promoting them as I have never seen or used one.

Peter

Could you get us some pics of the hive being worked.
It looks like you would need a pot of Vasoline at insection time.

when I lived and worked in the middle east they used to have a complete lorry kitted out with this type of hive, i kid you not, no april fools day here, the loories used to have two rows one either side each was about two foot deep and about 18 inchs wide,

there was two buttons on each side and basicly when the super became full they would take it out of the runners and insert another one

It's been around for ages.

The person who makes them is a member of our association and some other members have used them perfectly well.

Please note- I'm not promoting them as I have never seen or used one.

Peter

Is it the same chap that has a display at the Honey Show.

If so its a cleaver bit of kit and a nice chap to.

Just looked at the drawing again and it looks a different system than the one at the honey show that one takes into account that once you have say moved the BB to one side the hive wont fall over as perhaps in the drawing.

Last edited:
Hi

I am sure there is something about beeks. HOW TO TAKE SOMETHING RELATIVELY SIMPLE AND b*()*$£" IT RIGHT UP:smash:

when I lived and worked in the middle east they used to have a complete lorry kitted out with this type of hive, i kid you not, no april fools day here, the loories used to have two rows one either side each was about two foot deep and about 18 inchs wide,

there was two buttons on each side and basicly when the super became full they would take it out of the runners and insert another one

any pics ? :)

Ian

The system I have seen at the Honey Show is designed at disabled people or people with bad backs and perhaps of a certain age not able to handle the weight any more. It was an aide to help people and will be without doubt a pain in the backside to fit healthy people.

Hi Tom

I take your point, the chap has been around for a while and I have seen it. He has been at the show a year or two, he may even have been at the previous Stoneleigh?

However for those with bad backs try a long hive............................keep it simple:banghead: As with most things pay your money take your choice.

Regards Ian

Last edited:
wp4b82826c.png

Hi Tom

I take your point, the chap has been around for a while and I have seen it. He has been at the show a year or two, he may even have been at the previous Stoneleigh?

However for those with bad backs try a long hive............................keep it simple:banghead: As with most things pay your money take your choice.

Regards Ian

I was told by a commercial beekeeper who is also a qualified chiropractor that top bar hives are bad for you back

Latest posts

Back