Feeling sorry for small colony

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mabee

House Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I just wanted to share something that happened a few days ago. I had an apidea which i’d removed the queen from and i’d decided to put the queen i’d removed from the hive (where new queen went) in with the remaining bees in the apidea to give a chance to survive. Anyway found her dead in the cage few days later and no need for the apidea. I decided their best chance of survival, literally one mini frame of bees getting older, was to shake them out in front of my other hives so that they might find entry. Anyway noticed today they’ve actually moved into a commercial brood box and super I had sitting as i’d just painted them, so gone from a small manageable retirement home to big airy mansion! Feeling a bit sorry for them, I tried!

Can you try again and unite them with newspaper to a hive?

Thanks both, i’ll see if I can do something tomorrow but not sure how to get them all together now! paper bag might be workable if I can, would never have thought of that.

Latest posts

Back