Feeding

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks more like robbing than feeding.
It is teaching the bees bad habits,whats to stop them taken out a hive next?

How to spread disease fast

So easy to have put one feeder onto each colony and avoid it.

They would likely get the syrup injected into the hive in the UK as cloud covers the bottle and it draws air in (cooling) and then, when it gets direct sunlight and the air temp in the bottle goes up - squirt. No problem while the bottle is full of syrup. Much better done under a cover, I would have thought.

Regards, RAB

Open feeding does not help much. In that bottle some hundred bees are able to eate but thousands of bees are alarmed and they rush out to search food. - What a waste!

Fees fight and kill each others.

I know better disease deliverer. It is a sun melter. It have all diseases what you have had in your hives during 5 years.

:iagree:

one of the golden rules being ignored - also letting bees clean up wax in the open, an open honey/syrup bucket and uncapped frames left out.

His apiary must be in uproar.

He probably feeds high fructose corn syrup as well.

regards

S

I would not be suprised if he feeds corn syrup that gets in the honey,america seems to have corn syrup in everything else they eat.

In the uk we eat 88lb of sugar(sucrose) a year,the usa eat 71lb,corn syrup is the one that causes more obesity though...

May I remind members that feeding should be done near last light to reduce the risk of robbing and cross contamination.

Regards;

Is it me or do most Americans love jar feeding :ack2:

I expect they eat tinned stuff as well.:reddevil:

Last edited:
well what a banker, has no idea what he is doing and can , and may be, causing major problems.
With beekeepers like that in the states, no wonder they cant keep bees i.e. ccd??

Latest posts

Back