Feeding your family in winter

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hedgerow pete

Queen Bee
Reaction score
UK, Birmingham, Sandwell. Pork scratching Bandit c
Hive Type
National
I have just had a lovely and polite argument with a fellow allotment holder, his point was that I hold 3 plots and he only one and guess who wants to have two, so after his was told to naff off, we had another conversation, I spouted that a true judge of a mans allotment was the ablity to feed his family at winter as the person involved only does may to sept,

was I right or wrong?:confused:

as a fellow veg grower I would agree that it is measure of a good all year provider (not easy to do at all, even harder to get the kids to eat the stuff), not sure its tied to the 'allotment' brigade mind - how did you get 3 lots given the pressures for those things?

easy , I have a council alloty area where all but me are asian and as such they just use four or five plots as a dumping ground and dont compost they just throw so i took one plot on and after that was working i started on on of the overgrown plots as no one would go near it, started at the path and work my way into it, i am unable to crop most things on it as the large amount of weed rootsthat were dropped onit so that one is the beeshed and poly tunnel and chicken pen with the fruit bushes,

Where i am at west brom there is a very lazy council worker incharge of the allotments, we can get away with anything, sub letting, growing for profits, drugs and alcohol den!!!!!! just aslong as its not against your eithnic rights apart from me that is, the reason why this guy wants one of my plots is that he grows sage and corriander and fennel for the shops, masses of it

just aslong as its not against your eithnic rights apart from me that is, the reason why this guy wants one of my plots is that he grows sage and corriander and fennel for the shops, masses of it

Sorry hedgrow pete, I guess you are "hate to mention a dirty word" Anglo Saxon. But you are an enthnic minority in London - official.

Of course you should give him one pete, right on the nose end. If you have put as much work into your allotment as we have, you deserve every inch of the ground you grow on and use for your bees, wild party etc....

Fantastic Dave, what a transformation. From whatever ethnic background you come from, hard work and dedication should give you the moral right to protect your interests as it has with so many that have come to this country over the years.

Latest posts

Back