Feeding bees propolis ...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bee wax, collect from where?

I have seen how they collect old propolis, but what then? Everybody can see it. They do not eate it, but perhaps in Britain that queen lays 20% more. In Finland bees collect pollen that queen can lay.

Collecting a lot last summer from some large blocks of clean wax that I left outside, especially when the wax was warmed by the sun, they nibble it off in tiny bits and attach to their pollen baskets, the same as they do with propolis collected from any boxes left out in warm position.

Collecting a lot last summer from some large blocks of clean wax that I left outside, especially when the wax was warmed by the sun, they nibble it off in tiny bits and attach to their pollen baskets, the same as they do with propolis collected from any boxes left out in warm position.

I have not seen that.

I have very often pieces of new combs in ground, but I have never seen bees in then of holes made by some bugs.

When I have one million bee in my cottage yard, and some bees are collecting old propolis, it is not much.

Last edited: