Farmers spray on beans

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I received a ‘beeinformed’ message from a farmer re spraying pirimicarb on beans. I googled and says… Pirimicarb is toxic to bees. You must not spray pirimicarb where bees are foraging or onto any flowering plants, including weeds. If you spray pirimicarb on non-flowering plants that are close to other plants in flower you must only spray in the late evening when bees have stopped working.
Anyone have knowledge of this chemical, I hoped it was non toxic to bees.

I received a ‘beeinformed’ message from a farmer re spraying pirimicarb on beans. I googled and says… Pirimicarb is toxic to bees. You must not spray pirimicarb where bees are foraging or onto any flowering plants, including weeds. If you spray pirimicarb on non-flowering plants that are close to other plants in flower you must only spray in the late evening when bees have stopped working.

Are the beans in flower to attract foragers?
http://www.agchemaccess.com/Pirimicarb

Beans are flowering now.

Does it say when the beans are sprayed? Or the half-life of the chemical?

Talk to the company , talk to the farmer. Take appropriate actions.

There are other beekeepers around the spraying area who will be affected. I have asked the farmer to spray late in the day when less bees flying. Must be a common insecticide that is used nationally, so many beekeeper in the same position.
Good of the farmer to use ‘beeinformed’

Latest posts

Back