Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

jimbeekeeper 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Summary

"Strict new European rules on the use of pesticides are expected to be passed which could "seriously threaten" UK food production, say farmers.

The British government opposes the law, expected to be passed on Tuesday, which critics say would cause rising prices."

- There is always another side to pesticide use!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7825552.stm

Brosville 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
tbh
Number of Hives
If it weren't so sad, it'd be laughable........ here we have the agrochemical lobby's orchestrated backlash against sensible measures being taken to curb some of their excesses - surprise, surprise, who's doing it? - DEFRA, the NFU, the UK government - Edited for legal reasons by Admin(didn't I hear a rumour that a certain minority beekeepers association were tarred with the same brush?)
They are trotting out all sorts of cobblers in defence of their profits - so far I've heard it claimed that it is "impossible" to grow carrots without the use of toxic pesticides.......if anyone should doubt the uphill battle we have to rid ourselves of the stranglehold the chemical companies have on our food production, just watch this campaign (as that is what it is........)

jimbeekeeper 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Its is Sad Brosville, the REAL farmers out there (and I do not mean the ones who drive 08 Range Rovers) are on s hoe string.

But The farmers (like use beekeepers) are the Pawns in the Goverments and Chemical industrisys chess game.

Heather 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
So - we pay more -end of!
Time we got real and grew up.:toetap05:
Protect the farmer AND protect the environment.

The moaners can afford beer and fags- - prioritise time, folks.

Poly Hive 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
9 and 18 Nucs
Surely not a hint of prejudice showing here?

DEFRA, the NFU, the UK government - all well-known to be wholly owned subsidiaries of the agrochemical industry...

On another international list the clamour would instantly be "prove it"

Some might think in terms of slander here. And as some posters have recently found the fact that comments are on the tinternet is no protection from court proceedings.

Just a heads up that painting with a wide brush can lead to unforseen issues.

PH (who has no axe to grind)

Brosville 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
tbh
Number of Hives
I'm quite aware of the law, and stand squarely behind every statement I've made - should the parties involved wish to take me to court, I'd be delighted to grace it with my presence!:)
As a very wise solicitor once told me "they can't afford to take you to court old boy, because the whole story would come out.........."
As some colonial film-person once said "go ahead punks, make my day!"

admin 

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
I'm quite aware of the law, and stand squarely behind every statement I've made
Brosville if you are aware of the law then you will be aware I have edited your post above because me and me alone is answerable for any post made on the forum by members in a court of law.

You may stand by the statements, but you will not stand in the dock.

Chris B 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
langstroth
Number of Hives
About 25 years ago Clint Eastwood accepted an invite from the students of St. Catherine's College Oxford to become their honorary President. They wanted someone tough and straight talking. I wonder if he's available?

Brosville 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
tbh
Number of Hives
my sincere apologies if I did some unintentional tootsie-treading - I'm used to working with this disclaimer

"Note that it is impossible for the staff or the owners of this forum to confirm the validity of posts. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the posted messages, and as such, are not responsible for the content contained within. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented. The posted messages express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of this forum, its staff, its subsidiaries, or this forum's owner"

-which should preclude the owner of the board from any liability if someone upsets the forces of darkness

Chris B 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
langstroth
Number of Hives
Famous movie misquote

"I love the smell of Decis in the morning"

(but not in the afternoon or any time that bees might be foraging).

admin 

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Brosville I agree with the statement you made and on another forum would say so,I admit I could not sleep with having such a bold statement posted here as I would be responsible.

If anyone is lost as to what the statement was:

It concerned the goverments stance on agrochem companies.

It would be my neck on the block if the post remained.

Brosville 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
tbh
Number of Hives
no problems - thanks for your tolerance and understanding!:cheers2:

admin 

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Thats cool,thank you for understanding my point of view :cheers2:

jimbeekeeper 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
And I thought this thread was tuning into "name that famous film phrase?"

"I love the smell of Decis in the morning"
Apocalypse Now 1979 Lt. Colonel Bill Kilgore (Robert Duvall),

and

"go ahead punks, make my day!"
Sudden Impact is a 1983 crime thriller and the fourth film in the Dirty Harry series, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood (making it the only Dirty Harry movie to be directed by Eastwood himself). The movie is probably best remembered for Harry's catch phrase "Go ahead, make my day.", often incorrectly attributed to the original film in the franchise.

:svengo::svengo::svengo::svengo::svengo::svengo:

Hivemaker. 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
You smell that? Do you smell that? Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end.

admin 

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
My father was in a posh resturant in Monte carlo a few years back having a meal with his brother,the menu had no prices so they assumed it was expensive.

They thought it was even more expensive when the guy on the next table started chatting with them(Clint Eastwood).

jimbeekeeper 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Are there any non posh restraunts in Monte Carlo (I would highly doubt it). I dont think there is a McDonalds?

jimbeekeeper 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
They have just reported this story on my local news. They had one farmer susgesting just about the end of the world because they would have weeds every where and would not make things cost effective.

They then had an organic farmer on saying there are many ways to deal with / work with the weeds...basicaly not a problem.

But I do remember only a few days ago a report about Cauliflowers and how the farmer said it cost him about 32p per cauli to produce yet the supper markets will only pay about 22p :svengo:

SO what now? Supermarkets working with farmers to sort out payments?

or the supermarkets going outside the EU (where they can spray what they like) and getting items cheapest.

Heather said correctly that those who would complain the most would still by beer and fags!

Anyway do I care? No becuase I grow my own:patriot:

Latest posts