"Farm for the Future"

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Brosville - not a worry for me, too old! but a big worry for my kids and grandkids. Have emailed it to everyone I can think of.

but a big worry for my kids and grandkids. .

Why is it a worry? Do you not think technology will progress to find a better energy source? or a way to use existing energy more effectively or cleanly?

The UK sits on enough coal to more than sustain us, but we do not utilise it because people say it is not clean.

You only have to go back 100 years and the air was so bad it stained the stone work of buildings.

We know it is now cleaner due to buildings cleaned in the last 20 or so years that have remained clean.

Why is it a worry? Do you not think technology will progress to find a better energy source? or a way to use existing energy more effectively or cleanly?

The UK sits on enough coal to more than sustain us, but we do not utilise it because people say it is not clean.

You only have to go back 100 years and the air was so bad it stained the stone work of buildings.

We know it is now cleaner due to buildings cleaned in the last 20 or so years that have remained clean.

When I wur a ladd!
Black spot on roses in an urban environment was unheard of due to the sulphur content in the atmosphere!
God knows the number of road accidents that will be caused by all the abrupt road narrowings ,chicanes etc. if ever we get an old fashioned pea-souper ?

John Wilkinson

"Why is it a worry? Do you not think technology will progress to find a better energy source? or a way to use existing energy more effectively or cleanly?" - the video explains that rather well, it is NOT as simple as that.......

There are umpteen horsemen of our collective apocalypse hurtling towards us, not least, the simple mathematics of population growth - add into that the nearing of several "tipping points"............. here's just one -
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdOk521m9WA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdOk521m9WA[/ame]

Dont worry I will keep the coal flowing and the burners lit, producing the steam that will turn the turbines producing nearly 15 % of the UK's electricty:hat:

Latest posts

Back