FAO DerekM

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm intrigued by the small "tags" attached to some of the threads. Probably a web site generated thing. If you click on New posts and look close to the line to the right of the thread title there is sometimes (not always) a small tag....for instance for this thread "FAO Derek" the label comes up as "delusional pseudoscience". Bee boxes and Heat comes up as "gas Leak, Pseudoscience", "What did you do in the apiary today comes up as "follies, pseudoscience".
An interesting category labeling.

And here is me thinking Einstein was brown bread.. haha

It is possible to make a loss in any business.

makes Millions of pounds from
Can you now point to where I said that or should I just consider your post as commical?
Have you read the forum rules?

Derek, I'm not really interested in a breakdown, you accept money for something you advertise on the forum, that's breaking the rules IMO. Sorry if it upsets you but that's the rules as I see it.

Edit: Just saw your other post obviously you haven't.

If you buy bees off a forum member, take a look under their name ;)

1) The people taking the money are the BKA holding the talk,

What i am advertising is a BKA meeting. I dont get commission on the number of attendees. I get the same token amount money regardless of numbers. By mentioning the meetings here I am assisting the BKA to increase revenue (decrease losses). The beneficiary of the advertising is the BKA not me.

So by your standard any official of or member of a BKA, advertising any meeting which a BKA will charge entrance should not be advertised here as they the BKA have a pecunary interest.

2) The rules allow those who are not making Beekeeping or Beekeeping products their main business to advertise.

3) The rules do not appear to relate to the sale of ideas or intellectual property or a "performance" but Bees, bee products, beekeeping products.

ADMIN lets have a ruling here.

Physics is not pseudoscience

I'm intrigued by the small "tags" attached to some of the threads. Probably a web site generated thing. If you click on New posts and look close to the line to the right of the thread title there is sometimes (not always) a small tag....for instance for this thread "FAO Derek" the label comes up as "delusional pseudoscience". Bee boxes and Heat comes up as "gas Leak, Pseudoscience", "What did you do in the apiary today comes up as "follies, pseudoscience".

If the person doing this would like to own up and give a notional amount of their personal wealth resident in the UK

If the person doing this would like to own up and give a notional amount of their personal wealth resident in the UK

From my small knowledge of websites it is possibly an automatic system categorization. Alternatively it's someone with a warped sense of humour....I'll settle for the 20% "finders" fee.....

Does Derek have any of his talks available online?
There's one in the October 2013 newsletter on this page http://tinyurl.com/oru7buo , but as Derek says he's updated his talk with new research it's a bit out of date

I'm sure adding 50mm waterproof insulation will stop Alot of wind chill and heat wicking from wet side walls
So we are going to have to keep them on in summer tus shame I like seeing woid hives
That's one reason why some people take off the insulating igloos in the summer - because they prefer to look at a wooden hive.

One thing you could do, that doesn't change the look, is just to add some insulation above the crownboard. It'll help a lot.

That's one reason why some people take off the insulating igloos in the summer - because they prefer to look at a wooden hive.

You could use a wood effect paint or veneer on the cosys, they will then look like wooden hives, just fatter,

Well I've gone down this route for full sized hives deciding I'd rather blow torch wooden hives than mess with poly
I used screws to affix the sides and used waterproof duct tape in the outside

I found that duct tape (silver, outer fabric coating, can't remember brand) only last about 8 months then started delaminating, so the outer silver coating came of. I'm now using adhesive foil tape, which I paint to try to give it a chance of lasting longer.

You could replace the screws with pointed wooden dowels and push the insulation onto the dowels - the dowels would be less of a heat sink that metal screws.

CVB

Maybe of interest to the insulator faction I was in mkm builders merchants ....it seems their celotex comes on foot wide skids of the same material ....which I acquired free gratis -;)

There's one in the October 2013 newsletter on this page http://tinyurl.com/oru7buo , but as Derek says he's updated his talk with new research it's a bit out of date

One thing you could do, that doesn't change the look, is just to add some insulation above the crownboard. It'll help a lot.

I make pitched roofs for my cosies and paint them brown. They look like small houses..:sunning:

Attachments

• IMG_0121.JPG
    IMG_0121.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0122.JPG
    IMG_0122.JPG
    153.4 KB · Views: 60
Your garden looks as good as ever ... and the hives are looking very smart too... good to see it after what you went through.

Phil

Thanks

All the Langs/Bationals have bees . Only one TBH though...Going to convert the Nats to Langs in spring and am building Langs just now after a delay caused by my stupid accident. (using paddle sticks with circular saw to ensure they get amputated in case of an accident - in preference to fingers:paparazzi:

[QUO
TE=Millet;510008];-) .[/QUOTE]

First time on this place, but it don't half remind me of "the other place" unfortunately! I thought the back biting etc would be reserved for rabs domain!

[QUO
TE=Millet;510008];-) .

First time on this place, but it don't half remind me of "the other place" unfortunately! I thought the back biting etc would be reserved for rabs domain![/QUOTE]

So you've just popped in to stir things up?
BTW RAB isn't banned from here - he just choses not to post

Latest posts

Back