Extractor question

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If its the same as the photo they are ok,I have a 15 frame one thats the same make and sold a 20 frame Langstroth one to a member of the forum last year.

I think they may be Lega machines from Italy.
This is a pic from the Lega website:

Thanks admin.
It looks the same make to me. Hopefully it`ll last a few years.

Darren.

Were these the ones that attracted some comments/posts previously because it wasn't quite what it said on the box? Might be maligning the wrong company but worth a trawl through the net. Should be good as long as everything is compatible.

Regards, RAB

I have just bought a second hand national version, and have just done a 'nut and bolt' strip down to ensure it is fully clean (OCD kicking in here), I would recommend that this is done at the end of every season as, although the extractor is in very good condition, there are water traps that can cause rust/discolouration on the various parts as not all of it is stainless steel. The top bar is chrome plated mild steel as are some of the bolts, the split pins are of spring steel and there is a single ball bearing at the base of the main shaft in a plastic(?) tube. These all rust if got wet and left and discolour the stainless.

20 mins cleaning after extraction will keep it 'as new'

Otherwise, it is a nice bit of kit at that price level.
:)

I bought the electric one when on sale a few weeks ago. A few members in our association have the same extractor and used for a few years with no problems.:cheers2:

Thanks for all the replies.
Looks like I`ll have to get my wallet out now :svengo:

Darren

I bought the electric one when on sale a few weeks ago. A few members in our association have the same extractor and used for a few years with no problems.:cheers2:

what was the sale price?

cheers

£620 delivered :cheers2: for the 9 frame electric one now back up to £774

I have a radial version from the same manufacturer and it couldn't take Manley frames until I modified it. This is because the slots in the lower inner ring are too narrow. Unless you are sure you are never going to use Manleys then check with the supplier before buying.

Rooftops he is after the manley version. Do you mean manley frames wouldnt fit in the manley extractor??:confused:

I must have missed that - if it says it is a Manley extractor that may be a hint! However, the point I made is still valid, not all extractors you can buy take these type of frame and the buyer needs to check - I didn't and it is a bit late to take it back when you've already started uncapping frames and are trying to get them to stand up in the cage. Been there, swore a lot.

Back