exams

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iombeeman

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
ask in the spring (30+)
is anybody doing, or thinking about doing any exams next year?
what are your expirences or plans?
i find it helps me to focus the mind!

The LBKA pays back your entrance fee if you pass the basic course... so worth giving it a go i thought.

Hi iombeeman,

I am taking my last two Modules in March 09. Then I will take the husbandry exams and hopefully the NDB in 2014.

You can get past papers for the relevant modules to get you thinking in the right direction. Also there are correspondence courses.

To have the written knowledge is a help in the actual 'hands on' beekeeping.
It has helped me to understand the mechanisms of colony life and the individual bee itself.

I would recommend doing the Basic exam because that gives you confidence in your ability to handle bees.

Regards;

My local county library has editions of the Beekeeping Study Notes.

Very good reading even if you are only flicking through them.

The Beekeeping Study Notes by Yeats are good value for basic information, remembering these were written in 1996.
I use these as a starting place then progress to other publications depending on the subject I am studying.

Regards;

The Beekeeping Study Notes by Yeats are good value for basic information, remembering these were written in 1996.
I use these as a starting place then progress to other publications depending on the subject I am studying.

Regards;
yes i use yates,their very good.passed module 1 in march,might do 2 and 3
next year.
if the bbka want to promote knowledge why do they charge to see your own past papers and previous
exam papers?

Last edited:
if the bbka want to promote knowledge why do they charge to see your own past papers and previous
exam papers?

Why not e-mail the Exams Sec and find out?

Regards;

Back