Status
Not open for further replies.

victor meldrew 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I think people have missed the big picture issue with brexit, after all the negotiations we are still in the f@&;(“/ Eurovision Song Contest😭
So is Israel which is in Africa unless the geotechnic plates have had a radical shift !

hemo 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
6-10
Not forgetting the new EU country of Australia which is being entered.

Ian123 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
none
I googled even the Israeli government think they are in Asia.....still it was a diversion for a while.😉

hemo 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
6-10
Israel is Asia, it's neighbour Egypt divided part of the country is N.Africa and part is Asia. The Sinai being the division.

Into the lions den 

Queen Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
smith
Number of Hives
>4000
Non EU* supplies...such as from China, or in my case some loads of frames and boxes from eastern Europe (outside EU) will not see a lot of changes...you had to front up the VAT and duty (if any) before Brexit so not a lot changes apart from delays in queues, and demurrage on transport...our rate quotes for any shipments needing to transit UK customs on a truck inbound have doubled.

Big difference is now that I have to front up the VAT on any imports I make from the EU at point of import into the UK......and fill in a LOT of paperwork (its for the UK btw...but they are blaming it on the EU...cut the politics please and sort out the self made crap!)..and lend the govt anything up to £15k for up to three months (although they already say they may defer repayments to carry out checks) kicking a hole in my cash flow I really dont need.

Last edited by a moderator:

Goran 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
langstroth
Number of Hives
It’s a crossroads really but Europe doesn’t feature in neither ancient nor modern cartography!
For quite a long haven't heard for that term.. In fact Asia minor is modern day Turkey..

Angry_Mob 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
30+
The thing I can't figure out though is if I wanted to import from the EU then everything coming into NI used to come through Heathrow; will that even be possible with a health cert or will they need transit paperwork as well? Maybe now that Belfast Airport is a point of Entry it might bypass Heathrow?

I've ordered queens before that were mistakenly sent to Dublin only to be flew back to Heathrow to come here which added a good week onto their journey.

Last edited by a moderator:

Into the lions den 

Queen Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
smith
Number of Hives
>4000
What I was expecting but not what I wanted to hear. The thing I can't figure out though is if I wanted to import from the EU then everything coming into NI used to come through Heathrow; will that even be possible with a health cert or will they need transit paperwork as well? Maybe now that Belfast Airport is a point of Entry it might bypass Heathrow?
Suspect that may be major issue unless Belfast has had the appropriate veterinary staff appointed. There are plenty points of entry....however only three (I think) can handle live animals....used to be only Heathrow and Coventry (for mailed items only) and I think Manchester is now on the list.

Karol 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
none
So livestock movement gets a whole load of new friction but poor quality food like chemically washed meats gets the nod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts