Status
Not open for further replies.

roche 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
You seem upset but take something on board that was told to me many years ago, I have changed the circumstances to fit this discussion but the sentiment is the same: Hating something you can do nothing about is like taking poison and expecting someone else to die.
If it was changed to something like - "Being force fed poison and being expected not to comment..."

But back to your OP, I think you may have realised the error of your ways. So least said etc. Time to move on to fixing this broken country.

Karol 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
none
Something doesn't sound accurate. Theres a huge (licenced) cannabis nursery in East Yorkshire. The locals have become immune to seeing fleets of police vans responding to alarms going off.
Sadly it is accurate. Once an epileptic patient is stabilized on a particular brand it is highly dangerous to swap them onto another medication as explained by the doctor in the article.

We have a couple of patients for who we continue to make anti-epileptic medicines using historical ingredients which subsequently have become prohibited under the REACH regulations precisely because those ingredients help stabilize the patient's condition.

rook66 

House Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Those clever Turks...
Drifting a little from the op. Are there brexit implications for equipment/supplies originating in the eu being resold in uk, I'm thinking of Lyson machines.

benjamind 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
langstroth
Number of Hives
Drifting a little from the op. Are there brexit implications for equipment/supplies originating in the eu being resold in uk, I'm thinking of Lyson machines.
Probably not as serious as the implications for importing livestock - according to NBU we imported around 21k queens from the EU in 2020.

Show me the honey 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Christ I’m glad I live in my own little world work Monday to Friday play with my 2yr son ,bees and reef tank!! Oh and maybe talk to the wife! When I heard the story I personally laughed. End of the day it is what it is

pargyle 

Queen Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Once we rejoin - OK
The quitters will start being a bit quieter as the penny drops
I was for staying in ... but ... now we are out, I can't see any likelihood of us rejoining in the foreseeable future and as a 70yr old ~ probably not in my lifetime. The reality is that the conditions put upon a UK that was seeking to rejoin would probably be so draconian that we would be better off staying out. I'd like to think that the future brings us closer to our friends and commercial partners in Europe and that the deal that has been done is made to work and if it doesn't we reach agreements mutually that allow it to be modofied. Let's face it .. if the deal doesn't work both parties will be disadvantaged.

I would also like to see some semblance of democracy restored in the UK and those dissenting voices, who seem intent on suggesting there should be a reversal of the decision, holding back their protests about how bad it is and seek to find ways to improve the status quo - keep it to constructive criticism and offer alterntative solutions.

I haven't read all the pages of the deal but I've read portions of it.. some of it seems to be quite reasonable .. even the bits about our fishing rights, which seem to be causing some stir, are time limited and are actually not giving anything away that had not already been given away - indeed, over time it potentially provides us with more control of the fishing and the ecological impact that has on our inshore waters.

I work within the framework of Europol .. it's more or less business as usual - we still have access to the records we previously had and the guaranteed cooperation of our EU allies ... the mandatory response time had been extended to 20 days from 10 days but the reality is that most requests to ECRIS come back much quicker than the maximum anyway. We continue to share criminal information with the rest of Europe and there will always be the incentive for the EU to share data with us. There is some impact from the loss of the EAW but it was a pretty ineffective and difficult to use process anyway.

Part of the problem lies with our national media who only seem to pick up the negatives in the deal document and regurgitate them ad-infinitum to a public who accept everything they see in the news as gospel.

There are some downsides as you would expect and there will be teething problems but I suspect that both the UK and the EU will seek to agree more and disagree less now that there is a basic, albeit imperfect, framework in place.

madasafish 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
langstroth
Number of Hives
8x Langstroth, a few Lang nucs,1x TBH, and about 17 mating mini nucs
Once we rejoin - OK
The quitters will start being a bit quieter as the penny drops

Do you seriously think any politician - of any political hue - is going to admit they were wrong and do a U turn? Their egos alone would prevent that..:ROFLMAO:
That alone would prevent anything happening for 20 years - unless they all get wiped out in a General Election of course. (and that would probably result from an economic catastrophe. - think 1929 Wall Street Crash.)

Apple 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
Do you seriously think any politician - of any political hue - is going to admit they were wrong and do a U turn? Their egos alone would prevent that..:ROFLMAO:
That alone would prevent anything happening for 20 years - unless they all get wiped out in a General Election of course. (and that would probably result from an economic catastrophe. - think 1929 Wall Street Crash.)
unless they all get wiped out in a General Election of course .....
Nice thought!

HughMann 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
If you are limited company I think you will have to pay the VAT first (unlike last year when I bought a trailer from Poland and they knocked off their 22% vat before charging me)
If you are not VAT registered - you will have to pay customs paperwork at least
Most liklely they won't deal with you as EU companies are having to register with our VAT and they just don't see why .

"As a basic, companies must be VAT (EU companies) or tax (non-EU companies) registered. They will then be required to complete and submit a local VAT registration form, along with supporting documentation. The application form will often be in the local language. EU countries have become increasingly reluctant to provide document translations as this can create misunderstandings."

Gov website makes it as clear as mud -
"Overseas sellers

HMRC defines you as an overseas seller if you sell goods stored in the UK to UK customers and do not have a business establishment in the UK.

You’ll be established in the country where the functions of your business’s central administration take place.

To work out where that is you should consider where:
  • essential management decisions are made
  • your registered office is located
  • management meetings take place
You’re also an overseas seller if you’re based outside:
  • the UK and sell goods to customers in Great Britain, then import them into Great Britain
  • the UK and EU and sell goods to customers in Northern Ireland, then import them into Northern Ireland

There are different rules if your goods are in the EU and sold to customers in Northern Ireland.
"

But its the VAT registration that is turning my supplier soff -
"VAT registration
You must register for VAT in the UK if you’re:
  • a UK seller selling goods as a business activity in the UK, and your business’s VAT taxable turnover is more than £85,000 a year
  • an overseas seller and the online marketplace provides you with the VAT details of a business customer
  • an overseas seller selling goods located in Northern Ireland at the point of sale and sold to customers in Northern Ireland
  • an overseas seller with goods stored in the EU and your total sales to customers in Northern Ireland are more than £70,000 a year
    "

Karol 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
none
Seems to me the noise (this thread included) is mostly generated by unhappy remainers who came second in the referendum.
There's the odd unhappy Brexiteer too:

Have to wait and see but would speak volumes if they falsified their registration credentials especially after being fined for electoral irregularities.

jenkinsbrynmair 

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Too many - but not nearly enough
Seems to me the noise (this thread included) is mostly generated by unhappy remainers who came second in the referendum.
I don't know - wasn't this thread started by a brexiter who didn't like what he had 'won'?

Apple 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
If you are limited company I think you will have to pay the VAT first (unlike last year when I bought a trailer from Poland and they knocked off their 22% vat before charging me)
If you are not VAT registered - you will have to pay customs paperwork at least
Most liklely they won't deal with you as EU companies are having to register with our VAT and they just don't see why .

"As a basic, companies must be VAT (EU companies) or tax (non-EU companies) registered. They will then be required to complete and submit a local VAT registration form, along with supporting documentation. The application form will often be in the local language. EU countries have become increasingly reluctant to provide document translations as this can create misunderstandings."

Gov website makes it as clear as mud -
"Overseas sellers

HMRC defines you as an overseas seller if you sell goods stored in the UK to UK customers and do not have a business establishment in the UK.

You’ll be established in the country where the functions of your business’s central administration take place.

To work out where that is you should consider where:
  • essential management decisions are made
  • your registered office is located
  • management meetings take place
You’re also an overseas seller if you’re based outside:
  • the UK and sell goods to customers in Great Britain, then import them into Great Britain
  • the UK and EU and sell goods to customers in Northern Ireland, then import them into Northern Ireland

There are different rules if your goods are in the EU and sold to customers in Northern Ireland.
"

But its the VAT registration that is turning my supplier soff -
"VAT registration
You must register for VAT in the UK if you’re:
  • a UK seller selling goods as a business activity in the UK, and your business’s VAT taxable turnover is more than £85,000 a year
  • an overseas seller and the online marketplace provides you with the VAT details of a business customer
  • an overseas seller selling goods located in Northern Ireland at the point of sale and sold to customers in Northern Ireland
  • an overseas seller with goods stored in the EU and your total sales to customers in Northern Ireland are more than £70,000 a year
    "
That will knock a few of the China based drop shippers on the head for sure!
All it means is that we will have to wait longer and pay a lot more for our China made imports!

Chons da

jenkinsbrynmair 

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Too many - but not nearly enough
That will knock a few of the China based drop shippers on the head for sure!
All it means is that we will have to wait longer and pay a lot more for our China made imports!

Chons da
not really - no change for them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts