Equipment

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys, I did think the glass thingy was for viewing/showing as the comb thing (lol) slides in and there is a bit of wood that slides along the top keeping it all in. I've found the top piece for the what I thought was a little hive, last pic, that screws on top it's like a grate to keep them in there. I will clean it all up and pop it on ebay now I have a better idea of what it is.

Good luck - do any of us get a 10% discount for all our help if we bid? :biggrinjester::sorry:

The nucleus hive will go to a beekeeper I would think ... still a nice bit of kit despite it's age. The rest of it is mainly museum pieces or the sort of nik naks you see in mock olde worlde pubs. It's amazing what prices stuff like that can go for ...do you watch Salvage Hunters on Quest ?

Have a look at this site:

http://www.drewpritchard.co.uk/

Amazing what prices things fetch !!

Was in the tivyside auction this year and there were about four of those nucs and they really sparked a bidding war, whether they were going to be used or not I'm not sure - same person bought them all I think they just look really good (and no, it wasn't me who bought them!!)
I would have a real good go at cleaning the frame exhibition case - good dusting and polishing of the wood and glass and see how good it looks at the end. People are always on the lookout for a nice display case for showing

Good luck - do any of us get a 10% discount for all our help if we bid? :biggrinjester::sorry:

Aww nice try Jenks :laughing-smiley-014: But i'm saving up to get married next year so every penny I get is being saved (well that's the plan!). I do appreciate everyone's input though :)

I will get them cleaned up and see what happens on ebay x

good luck, let us know when they go on might have a bid or two

Lol Jenks!

Ok i've popped two items up on ebay so far, as i've not had a second to clean up the other bits.

I hope i included the right info this time!

Latest posts

Back