equipment

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peteinwilts

Drone Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Lots and lots
Hi Guys

Being new on this forum one thing I have noticed is there are no sponsers... equipment sellers and suppliers that donate to the forum to keep it running and in turn, unless ridiculously expensive, would get members business (especially if there was discount!).

so... I am after a few basic items of equipment. Where do members buy their stuff from, either over the counter (?) or online?

Reasonable and quality please! :hat:

Thanks in advance
Cheers
Pete

Association shops can be useful too for beginners equipment and common stuff. they are often agents for the larger stores and are run at a nominal profit.

Being new on this forum one thing I have noticed is there are no sponsers... equipment sellers and suppliers that donate to the forum to keep it running

An extremely valid point Pete, quite a few of us have dipped into our own pockets to help the forum, i feel a donation from the larger enterprises for all their free advertising would be an appropriate gesture.

Unlikely, but appropriate.

sound daft but i would rather the big boys not come anywhere near the forum, i do not mind people or evan me saying buy from so and so, word of mouth is the greatest advert i know of but once you except the kings shillin, its only down hill from there and that will start me looking for an other forum, i have paid money to admin simple to keep the forum advert free and big boys away and for what i have learnt it was worth those few pounds easily

Thanks for the post Pete,The plan was to use donations so we dont need sponsors and adverts,that way like you say any information given out can be said without the fear of me getting a telephone call from a company asking me to remove posts.

On the flipside I have been thinking that companies are getting free advertising so maybe they could offer some competition prizes for members ?

Even if they do sponsor a competition we would still be able to say if their products were ****.

sound daft but i would rather the big boys not come anywhere near the forum, i do not mind people or evan me saying buy from so and so, word of mouth is the greatest advert i know of but once you except the kings shillin, its only down hill from there and that will start me looking for an other forum, i have paid money to admin simple to keep the forum advert free and big boys away and for what i have learnt it was worth those few pounds easily

:iagree: :grouphug:

Frisbee

Over the counter I've used Maisemore (bees-online.co.uk) in Gloucestershire and their web ordering service without any major issues.

Only used Thornes over the web and only for a few nick-nacks rather than a big bundle of stuff and they've been ok.

looking into a spare suit at the moment for the legions of people who want to come see my bees, not sure if he posts here, but a guy called Mike Duckett is very keenly priced from what I've seen so far and has had pretty good reviews elsewhere.

Latest posts

Back