Email requesting subscriptions due

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuart

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I have recieved an email from this forum apparently to pay yearly subscription!!:hairpull:

I haven't. Spam? Did you advertise something?

Sounds like spam.

:iagree: There are several agencies worldwide including US and probably your ISP who are pleased to have such emails forwarded to them so that they can expand databases to intercept that sort of rubbish. Google for 'em but avoid opening the emails if poss.

Do you mean 'apparently from this forum' or only 'apparently' asking for your annual subscription?

Could be scam, not spam.

This time last year I paid some money to to support this forum.
Last week I had a reminder that the 12 months was nearly up.
I think mine was not a subscription reminder but just to let me know that if I wish to keep my "I support the beekeeping forum" status then I need to make another donation.

Hi Stuart,

Was the mail from, or purporting to be from, this forum? If so it seems a little odd that a random spammer would connect you with this site. Spammers work on the law of averages and send out thousands of 'plausible' mails, attempting to imitate Flebay, apple or even a bank, hoping that a small percentage are stupid enough to answer them.

Have a careful think of somewhere you may have listed your email address and also mentioned this forum. Looking at the replies to the thread it would seem that no one else received one, so it still seems a bit odd that you did: it could be indicative of something more serious.

I don't want to alarm you but I'd create another email address and start using that and slowly get rid of the current one, especially if you can't get to the bottom of it.

Martin

Latest posts

Back