electronics

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i victim raises his hand i see, sorry thats thanks for voluntering.

there are two problems, but first i do have some elctronic expieriance but nothing design wize,
first up have you heard of a rat zapper it is a box with two plates/contacks inside when ratty stands on the two we zap him with o discharge capacitor, what are you thoughts on this idea using say a strip vero board and a large capacitor, but without building a teslar coil.

second idea is , is one i have seen at an eco green day out, this wind powered turbine sent energy into a circiut that was based around a pair of one farad capacitors when the wind stopped the pump powered by the wind could carry on after. whats your opinions on these ideas, there is nothing time wise thats urgent i was thinking of playing over the winter with then

Well.......... having had a poultry farm, I know rats..........they are exceptionally clever, and remarkably tough - if you want to kill 'em off electrically, I'd negotiate for a genuine US "old sparky" electric chair, and modify accordingly.......... you'd need gobbets of power to do the job, and it would certainly be capable of killing people as well as rats, so be careful!
Dick Strawbridge has done the wind turbine water pump thing on TV, rather than capacitors, which are rather "flash in the pan" when it comes to current delivery, you'd be better off with a turbine/battery/pump system

belive me i know my batteries and wind power systems i have 14x 33amph batteries and 4x 110amph batteries three phase diode convertor for the electric genny on top and a dump load system i have also built but this set up is for another place and is a water pump set up so i dont want the hassel of a car battery etc just straight into the pump and smothed out and surge proof, if anyone has been to the C.A.T. centre you will have seen this box it is part of the solar panal pump the kids put the card board clouds over

Latest posts

Back