• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

electric extractor wanted

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oaktreepotter

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Does anyone have an electric extractor they'd like to sell or can recommend one that works well. There seem to be so many different sorts out there and it's hard to choose from catalogues without seeing them first. Ideally, I would like a 9 frame radial in stainless steel.
Thanks,
Chris

I just bought a s/h TH0RN3S Lightweight in plastic - it dismantles and is easy to clean - easier than the s/s one I use last year!

R2

Hi,
Just had a look at the Giordan web site. Not sure about it being drill-powered though. Do you have one of these Mon. Abeille and is it any good?

Secondary question: Your nom de plume suggests a french connection. Are extractors cheaper on the continent as the ones we are normally sold in this country seem to be VERY expensive for what they are!

Chris

Hi Chris

Giordan are sold over here by Agri Nova (contact Clive [email protected] , tel 01799 543901 )

Yup, I've got one of the drill driven ones, very pleased with it, just wish it had more honey to have dealt with this year! There are a few others on here with their spinners, and afaik all are happy with them, certainly good value.

Sorry, not French though there are lots on this site that live over the channel and can advise you on prices - but I suspect there is little difference

another thumbs up for the drill-driven 8 frame radial from agri-nova

I ordered mine from T'ornes in the UK :)

Very happy with my Giordan 12 LS frame drill driven one that arrived this week - shame i only had 21.5lbs to extract!!!!

worked out at around £400 all in (including cages for jumbo brood frames) plus cost of drill.

over there!

really well made piece of equipment - only problem was getting chuck off the drill i'd bought to go with it (oh and the 3 week annual august factory shutdown just after i'd ordered - they build to order).

managed to pick up a barely used 2nd hand manual for Lincs (for next year!).

Latest posts

Back