Elderflower Champagne

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its bubbleing away great now.

I ended up adding champagne yeast as it had not started to ferment on its own.

I have also combined both lots together in one large brewing keg with an air lock in.

Had a quick taste an it is very nice allready

:drool5:

Fris

Have you tried freezing flowers for use later in the year, i.e for a xmass fresh brew?

I am going to try it, my frozen apple juic pressing from last year is going great now, just slowing down on the fermentation and starting to clear.

Cordial sounds nice = care to post the recipe you use so we can all have a go?
(Yes, I know I could google it, but if someone uses a recipes and its good, then why not use that?)

I use the following recipe for cordial

20 flower heads
1.2 litres of water
1.8 kg of granulated sugar
2 lemons
75g citric acid

Boil sugar and water, pour over flower heads, sliced lemons and rind and citric acid leave to soak for 24hrs then filter and bottle.

It's ready to dilute and drink straight away. Keeps well in the fridge and I tend to freeze it.

Si.

Bottled it off today. 1 gallon into swing top bottles, other gallon into 2L fizzy pop bottles.

well just over a month after bottling and trying my second one.

A couple of weeks back I tried one and it was quite syrupy, but the one I have happily fizzing away as I type is very light and refreshing and I suspect a good 5% strength. A very nice fizz to it, and unlike my ciders, it did not all blow out of the bottle on un-capping

Initially it was quite a overpowering taste and smell, but a few swigs in and I am really enjoying it.

:cheers2:

Latest posts

Back