EHO Visit

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Compostcritter

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Hi all
I had the Environmental health visit this week. I got a five star rating which I am really proud off. It was a very easy going one hour session. He only wanted to see my equipment, how i cleaned the equipment, the method of how I extracted honey, the jars and where I purchased them. Glad I did it as it will hopefully give consumers confidence in what they are purchasing.
Just for clarification I asked him about bk registering with the council. He said I was the only person in the area who had, technically all bk should however bk pose very little risk to the public and if all the bk registered they would not have enough people to visit everyone! However glad I've done it :)

Well done, that's really good. My work involves working closely with EHOs and when I get going properly with selling honey;I too will be asking them round. They are not a bad bunch really.

You are right Hiveabee. It was really not very painful at all. Would recommend to other BK. it stands you apart from your local competition too.

the thing is with them, if you are seen to be trying hard they will assist in ever way to help. If you try and cross them they can be awkward. And if you do have a good reason to question them, do it in a nice manner. Like i say I have to work with them frequently and I have partly trained to be one.Really chuffed you have made that step

Latest posts

Back