EHO inspection!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbeeneil

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
40 plus 23 that I maintain for clients.
Had the guy from my local councils EHO dept come to inspect today. He loved my little honey room..... got a 5! 😄

Attachments

• IMG_2174.JPG
    IMG_2174.JPG
    989.6 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_1766.JPG
    IMG_1766.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 85
Looks lovely. Don't you have to have 2 sinks or are they out of view?

Was this a planned visit or just turned up out of the blue?
Had you/did you register as a food producer etc etc

well done on the 5 stars anyhow 👍

Looks lovely. Don't you have to have 2 sinks or are they out of view?
I have 1 1/2 sink which he said was fine. The rooms only a box built in the corner of a barn 2.2x3m!

It was a planned visit. They were supposed to visit the day of lockdown so that had to be postponed!

Attachments

• IMG_1771.JPG
    IMG_1771.JPG
    697.6 KB · Views: 31
Was this a planned visit or just turned up out of the blue?
Had you/did you register as a food producer etc etc

well done on the 5 stars anyhow 👍
If you are a residential address the EHO has to give you 24 hours notice of a visit. If commercial premises then it can be unannounced.

I have 1 1/2 sink which he said was fine. The rooms only a box built in the corner of a barn 2.2x3m!

It was a planned visit. They were supposed to visit the day of lockdown so that had to be postponed!
Absolutely lovely. I am working on it, but he does not know yet!

Alas I have no room. I have a shed at the apiary, a store room off the garage and a shed at the bottom of the garden.
There is kit dotted about the house.
I despair!

I do all our extracting and bottling in the kitchen. The inspector seemed to think this was ok because he gave us a five. (We have a second sink in the utility room next door). Lucky old you, Erichalfbee, we have no garage, no store room and no shed!

Latest posts

Back