Egglu or whatever it's called.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Comb

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Other
Number of Hives
10+
The Omlet thing.

Does the plastic construction mean that it doesn't harbour red mites or is this just wishful thinking?

No you will still get red mite!

Idea though is it is simpler to clean (jet wash) with less hidding places then wood.

But I have a wooden house I built myself, and I regurly jet wash it out. Worst place is under the roosting bars which I made removable like the Omlet, so you will still get them the same in the Omlet.

Plus mine has my own desinged autmotaic door opener on a timer, beet that Omlet!

hen2.jpg
[/IMG]

hen1.jpg

Thanks Jim.

That's one sophisticated hen coop.

Thanks.

Since that photo was taken, I have now cut the leggs off and mounted it on a very nice 4 wheel trolley with wheel barrow style pneumatic tyres on that was being thrown out at work. It makes moving it arounf the plot very easy.

Just took a couple of updated pics. Assamed to say the wood is looking a little weathered now, could do with a spruse up.

But a least I dont build things with wobbley legs!

DSCN1552.jpg

DSCN1553.jpg

I have an Eglu and a cube.

I can recomend both products if you are happy to pay the price.
They are very easy to clean/foxproof and the birds always seem happy in them summer or winter.

Now regarding the Beehaus,would I buy one ?
NEVER !! I think its a product to far..

Thats quite smart and a nice duck egg colour.

But I think my gadgets still top it?

Jim, An idea for mod umpty tump - "acquire" one of the motors they use on the giant irrigation spans that do one revolution every 18hours and you could tether your henhouse and it would motor its self round the plot:)

Its Ok, it allready has the towing arm, so I just hook it to the back of my mini tractor.:sifone:

Thats quite smart and a nice duck egg colour.

But I think my gadgets still top it?

Reynard will have to carry a torch to trigger your daylight sensor , then crap on your solar panel to stop your battery from charging :leaving:

John Wilkinson

Tough luck John, it is a timer not a daylight sensor, and the solar pannel is angled such to aid self cleaning.
:hat:

definitely give you the "bodgineering" title, with bonus points for the pv panel!:cheers2:

Latest posts

Back