EFB all clear

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stu H

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
For those that have followed my EFB problems!

I've had the bee inspector call today for my 6 week inspection post EFB.

We burnt my EFB infected bees and I chose to restock which then required a six week inspection.

This was done today and there given the all clear and the standstill notice removed.

The bees up until last week had not bothered with the super but when we checked the bees out today they were drawing the super nicely which was a pleasent suprise. But then the bolsom is in full bloom. The bee inspector said they were a well developing colony and looked good for surviving the winter.

I'm really pleased and my faith returned! I have learnt a shed load mainly due to my mistakes and miss guided faith in some of the bee folks out there.

But the big lesson is: Buy nucs locally if in a low risk EFB area.

Many thanks for those that have helped and advised but also to the bee inspector and Bob who restocked me and took the time help me put thing right!

Here's to a pleasant beekeeping future!

Last edited:
Stu H,
Give us a clue as to whereabouts you are in the UK?
Bob.

Hi Stu, I must have missed your previous posts, but it sounds like you've been through it :( I am so happy for you that your new bees are looking good :) It must have been a really horrible time for you, especially when your trust has taken a bashing too. Hopefully your bees will be a nice big strong colony, and all your woes are way behind you now. Good luck :D

Kaz

PS Put your region on your post, so we know where you are. :p

I'm in North Yorkshire, but the great thing is that it was caught so quickly that it never got to spread and the area remains clear. This is both a result and a lesson.

My intention is just to buy locally.

Thanks for posting your story Stu. By doing that you have helped the rest of us avoid a similar fate. It is brilliant to hear that there is a happy ending too.

Latest posts

Back