Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

susbees 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
commercial
Number of Hives
35ish
Apologies if this has been answered or is a "mac issue". I don't see an "edit" on any but the last post in a thread (so couldn't delete an earlier double post) BUT the last post can be deleted but offers a "reason for editing"...which, of course, is only likely to be suited to earlier posts in a thread.

Confused of Montgomery :(

Last edited:

Hivemaker. 

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
The edit bit is on a real short fuse,sometimes not there at all.

admin 

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
The reason you only see it on the last post of the thread is because there is a time out of around 7 minutes,after this time you can no longer edit a post.

So you only see posts that you have made in the last 7 minutes with an edit button.

The forum used to be set to allow editing of posts for ever,trouble comes when a member gets upset and decides to edit every one of their posts leaving the threads not making any sense.

If I set it to say 15 minutes you can get a reply without a quote and the post before could be edited causing the same confusion as a reply could be to a question that is no longer there due to editing.

Mark.

susbees 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
commercial
Number of Hives
35ish
Ah....every other forum I've been on allows editing later. Must Bee Logic :/.

It seems strange that on returning to a thread later that day and realising that you've double posted or you've written ambiguous tosh and want to clarify in context or want to tone down a post that could appear a little overheated that you can't do it though.

Hombre 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Ten
Sounds good admin, I hadn't noticed the change, but do remember a couple of incidents where an unhappy bunny went back and deleted most of the content of their posts.

Most of us realise very quickly when a double post has taken place. Not only that, but there is usually a window comes up to advise of impending stupidity. I just don't remember the details as I havn't seen it for such a long time.

Not Bee logic, but evolutionary control in a closed feedback loop. Seen it, done it, only want to buy the tshirt once. Admin remains proactive. :)

Latest posts