eBay - Another inventive way to sell bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
European bee-eater bird!!!

Maybe i'm missing something. Ill stop making honey and start making bird food.

LoL.

Except the "European bee eater" rarely eats bees in Europe, prefers hornets, bush crickets, butterfles and so on.

eBay? Don't you love it?

Chris

taking the 'P' I think!.... animals are not sold on ebay for a multitude of reasons.

Even simple disregarding of the rules can give beekeepers a bad name.

Although you and I can see it is a ploy to get around the rules, anyone with low knowledge could take this at face value and question whether some beekeepers keep bees to use as live food for other creatures....

The vegan society already does not like us.... we should never give anyone possible ammunition to give our hobby a bad name. :rant:

The location gives my thought processes a bit of a nudge :svengo:

John Wilkinson

There's loads of adverts on ebay for "feeder insects". Do a search for Praying mantis and stick insects:seeya:

take alook at Dave Cushman's site. He has some great responses to the Vegan charge of us 'exploiting' bees.

This is the third attempt by the seller to get the listing through. The first two were pulled. The second was identical to this one so will no doubt have Ebay's bee-dy eye cast over it. It is obvious that the seller is trying to get round the regulations. If it were genuine feeder food it would be in the pet supplies birds section.

I know the guys name,but dont think he is a member of the forum.

The location gives my thought processes a bit of a nudge :svengo:

John Wilkinson

Do you think reputations are catching up and making selling his wears difficult?
I also cannot understand why adverts like this are put on Fleabay and not on the auction site here Beekeeping Auction (http://www.beealert.co.uk/) or bid4bee-smillie but maybe its the number of people visiting fleabay?

Do you think reputations are catching up and making selling his wears difficult?
I also cannot understand why adverts like this are put on Fleabay and not on the auction site here Beekeeping Auction (http://www.beealert.co.uk/) or bid4bee-smillie but maybe its the number of people visiting fleabay?

Its also unlikely that anyone on this forum would be daft enough to pay £200 for a nuc.:dupe:

Latest posts

Back