East Sussex Newbie

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluebell1985

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Good morning,

Newbie originally from Essex but will he moving to Saint Leonards-on-Sea in East Sussex within a few months.

I've been interested in beekeeping for many years (created this account in 2014) but due to moving around the country for my job I've never really been stable enough to commit. That's all changing and I'm very much looking forward to getting a few hives early next year.

I've educated myself through books, YouTube and reading this forum and others, joining the local association where I'll be moving to and asking lots of silly questions to anyone that'll listen.

I'm super excited about starting but know when the time comes I'll be full of anxiety at the same time.

Great to hear. Be cautious with u- tube there is a good deal of 'duff' information spouted. The Norfolk Honey Company have a pretty reliable series of videos and are 'time served', have always proved to be solid. Here is a link to them.

Thank you. I've been slowly working my way through The Norfolk Honey Companies catologe. Stewart has made me doubt my choice of hive now though... Too many choices 😂

Welcome
I have 14x12 after lasting just one season on National. Poly and wood.
Starting again I would have poly Langstroth

I was set on the new 12 frame Abelo hives. Watching the Norfolk honey company has made me think about poly langstroths.

I'm debating getting two of each and after a season seeing what I prefer.

Latest posts

Back