Early morning swarm.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poly Hive

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
12 and 18 Nucs
Got a call this morning to say they were in the hedge and deff identified as bees as the pest controller had told them they were not a swarm of wasps..LOL

I have left hem to it and hopefully during the day they will settle and about 9 tonight I will return and collect them. Very quiet black bees they are.

PH

Last edited:
You are on a roll, what with your bait hive take as well! Only a Scotsman or a Yorkshireman can truly appreciate the pleasure in som'ut fer nowt!

:party:

You are on a roll, what with your bait hive take as well! Only a Scotsman or a Yorkshireman can truly appreciate the pleasure in som'ut fer nowt!

:party:

Southern soft poofs also appreciate som'ut fer nowt, thats the problem, i am getting nowt! :D

Southern soft poofs also appreciate som'ut fer nowt, thats the problem, i am getting nowt! :D

Have I mentioned my 2010, 4/4 100% bait hive record at all? Eye lad, even the bait hive cost nowt twixt came from an old childs desk.
:reddevil::reddevil:

Have I mentioned my 2010, 4/4 100% bait hive record at all? Eye lad, even the bait hive cost nowt twixt came from an old childs desk.
:reddevil::reddevil:

Cmon now, thats not getting something for nowt, that is what us suvenors call being cheap!

I have come across this before, gravy on chips instead of tomatoe ketchup, and deep fried battered mars bar instead of pea fritters.
Its like a different country :D

Going completely off thread, but one Easter a Whitby fish & chips shop was doing deep fried creme eggs! - I felt compelled to try one - not bad actually!

LOL well thats a first on me, i thought i had heard all the weird and wonderful northern delicacy's.
Obviously you guys havent finished experimenting yet pmsl

I happen to come from the town where the first fried Mars Bar was done.

the owner of the chippie had just won "Young Frier of the Year" and the school kids were teasing him about it and the banter got to the point where he the chipper said he could fry anything and so the Mars Bar was given him to prove it.

Henct the now legend that Scots eat Mars Bar suppers.

Just thought you would like to know.

Getting back to the swarm this is the fruit of some emails and phone calls to the police and councils. ;)

PH

Love your skep PH....where did it come from?

(and did you have any joy with the National Trust at Bickerton? - off topic)

Latest posts

Back