Early build up

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dn170221

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Three
Slugs seem to be building up nicely in my garden. Loads of them under ports and stones. We moved in 14 months ago (it is rented) and it is an absolute haven for slugs, very destructive!!

Slugs seem to be building up nicely in my garden. Loads of them under ports and stones. We moved in 14 months ago (it is rented) and it is an absolute haven for slugs, very destructive!!

Wait for the fun when you open the hive then..

get some chickens then you wont have any slugs or snails

They hibernate over winter under things like that, your seeing them sheltering out of the cold. If you want rid then do it now while you have the chance, rather than use slug pellets whick kill other wildlife, i usually throw them next door Lol

They hibernate over winter under things like that, your seeing them sheltering out of the cold. If you want rid then do it now while you have the chance, rather than use slug pellets whick kill other wildlife, i usually throw them next door Lol

Bit nasty persecuting slugs for no good reason - haven't they got a right to enjoy life as well? why don't you just shut all your plants up so the slugs can't get at them?
and as for throwing them next door and anyway, bit cruel that isn't it - not all of us enjoy the luxury of living in a street.

Bit nasty persecuting slugs for no good reason - haven't they got a right to enjoy life as well? why don't you just shut all your plants up so the slugs can't get at them?
and as for throwing them next door and anyway, bit cruel that isn't it - not all of us enjoy the luxury of living in a street.

:icon_204-2: yeah & you care more about slugs. & snails than other animals you kill off lol. I dont live in a street? :icon_204-2:

It's ok it must be a empty property because of all the flying slugs and wasp nests next door to it

Asmy grandmother would say - you can dress a dog turd with sequins and a silk ribbon - but in the end it's stll.......................................

I thought it was... You cant polish a turd? Thats how i see it. :)

I put a bit of cat food out for a few Tiger slugs that wonder into my garden, they seem to like it better than the odd lettuce, work with nature!

Our composting daleks have turned into giant wormeries (by themselves) with a selection of giant slugs on top.. Better there than on my veggies.

Slugs love borage.. and most of our flowers as well as our veg. But as we have a marshy 20 acre field next door , not a lot we can do to prevent the invasion....

I suppose I could throw them to our next door neighbour.. but he has a shotgun..:paparazzi:

Our composting daleks have turned into giant wormeries (by themselves) with a selection of giant slugs on top.. Better there than on my veggies.

Slugs love borage.. and most of our flowers as well as our veg. But as we have a marshy 20 acre field next door , not a lot we can do to prevent the invasion....

I suppose I could throw them to our next door neighbour.. but he has a shotgun..:paparazzi:

work with him - you use a clay pigeon slinger and he can have target practice!

Latest posts

Back