Dying bees 'were not a priority'

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BKF Admin

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Defra's top civil servant admits bee disease has not been a "top priority" but denies being complacent in tackling declining bee numbers.

Read More...

a touch of possible ambiguity here -

"The committee was told there were 37,000 registered bee keepers in England and Wales - but as there was no compulsory registration, unlike in France and New Zealand - that was only a rough estimate of how many people actually kept bees"

-does that mean that there are 37,000 registered beekeepers, or is that an estimate?

Still means that the BBKA only speaks for a third of beekeepers!

The other point is that if registration is voluntary, and there are people employed to seek out beekeepers to get them to register, what is the procedure when the Range Rover with the blacked out windows screeches to a halt in the drive? Am I going to be allowed to say "eff orf, I do not wish to deal with the representatives of the forces of darkness?", will I be pistol-whipped by the bee stasi?, precisely how "voluntary" is "voluntary?"
(or will it be a case of "I smell gas sarge", and unregistered beekeeper is flattened by battalion of hurtling boneheads.....):svengo:

"The committee was told there were 37,000 registered bee keepers in England and Wales - but as there was no compulsory registration, unlike in France and New Zealand"
Registration may be compulsory in France but there'll be plenty of people who aren't.

Hi Brosville

The other point is that if registration is voluntary, and there are people employed to seek out beekeepers to get them to register, what is the procedure when the Range Rover with the blacked out windows screeches to a halt in the drive? Am I going to be allowed to say "eff orf, I do not wish to deal with the representatives of the forces of darkness?", will I be pistol-whipped by the bee stasi?, precisely how "voluntary" is "voluntary?"

Dream on!

Regards;

Heh heh. Oxalic acid was illegal in UK and soon whole beekeeping is illegal.

You must develope "a driving beehive lisence" to under 10 hives, 100 hives and under 1000 hives.

And of course hive type lisence and bee race lisence. Then some get a good hobby.

And gardening lisence. You have too much gardens. They suck too many pollinators.

Latest posts

Back