Dying bee suits

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VEG

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
15+-some
Fed up with mine being white as it shows up all the marks. So I have bought some machine dye. Will let you know how it goes.
Another reason for me dying the suits is so they dont stand out so much. I have gone for olive green hoping that it will be a little lighter lol.

shows up all the marks.

Aahh, yes - needs a wash? Get enough proplolis on it and it will be as 'cammo'' as a zebra? I like to be able to see adhering bees before I remove my kit.

Regards, RAB

Fed up with mine being white as it shows up all the marks. So I have bought some machine dye. Will let you know how it goes.
Another reason for me dying the suits is so they dont stand out so much. I have gone for olive green hoping that it will be a little lighter lol.

Go on Veg tie dye it now that would look interesting

Dont forget to do an empty wash in the machine after,unless you hand dye it.

New washing machine arriving tuesday so will use the old one before it goes lol

I know the problem Veg, I spent an interesting afternoon last year on my knees removing a colony from under a floor - result well waxed/propolis covered suit at knee level which despite frequent washings has not/will not come out.

solution - second suit for "Sunday best" and the one above for mucky jobs;) Regards Mike

Latest posts

Back