Dydd Gwyl Dewi Hapus - Happy Saint David's day

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was it Doctor in the House or Carry on Nurse?: obstreperous patient is told to roll over to have his (rectal) temperature taken. Nurse inserts and departs, leaving patient prone with a daffodil in his bum...

Was it Doctor in the House or Carry on Nurse?: obstreperous patient is told to roll over to have his (rectal) temperature taken. Nurse inserts and departs, leaving patient prone with a daffodil in his bum...
It was carry on nurse (I think) and it was Wilfrid Hyde Whyte that had the daffodilectomy

Happy kill a daffodil day.

😁
It was hard work as schoolkids, luckily in my day the fad of inventing a traditional costume for boys hadn't started so we could wear everyday clothes, my grandfather would have called over the evening before with the smallest leeks he had for us to wear (they were still bloody mahoosive)
On schooldays, in the morning we would all march over to Bethania chapel opposite the school back gates for our St David's day service, by lunchtime us boys would have consumed most of our leeks - the bonus being, our breaths reeked in time for the evening running the gauntlet of old auntie's Saint's day kiss, then the afternoon was the school Saint David's Day concert - culture overload!!
Lunch of course was traditional cawl with bread and cheese. Cawl is just a wholesome broth bade with either beef or mutton with vegetables and..........leeks. I remember one year in primary school the head cook was experimenting with either dried meat or perhaps soya, this came in long compacted cylinders akin to a dried salami which was designed to absork moisture as it cooked, that year one of the cooks (probably Mrs Aubrey whose culinary skills would have been a modern EHO's nightmare) hadn't thought to break this up into little bite sized pieces, when the large cauldron was brought in and the lid removed with a flourish, the chunk of 'meat' had retained its integrity and was just floating on top of the cawl like an enormous turd!!:icon_204-2:

Phew....thank God that's it for another year.
At least the Welsh, Scots and Irish have something they could call a National day ... the English have a fictitious Saint whose day they largely ignore ... I see that my native county, Yorkshire, in desperation, has invented Yorkshire Day on 1st August when a few people who seem to have cottoned on to a marketing opportunity parade around wearing flat caps with black puddings stuck in their ears and hands in their pockets holding on to their loose change and drinking so called Yorkshire Tea (although it's grown halfway across the planet) demanding that the Ridings be reinstated along with the War of the Roses.

OMG.... looking forward to a propper job Cornish pastie on the 5th!

At least the Welsh, Scots and Irish have something they could call a National day ... the English have a fictitious Saint whose day they largely ignore ... I see that my native county, Yorkshire, in desperation, has invented Yorkshire Day on 1st August when a few people who seem to have cottoned on to a marketing opportunity parade around wearing flat caps with black puddings stuck in their ears and hands in their pockets holding on to their loose change and drinking so called Yorkshire Tea (although it's grown halfway across the planet) demanding that the Ridings be reinstated along with the War of the Roses.
I’m happy with my own birthday.
National pride in the English seems to infer you are a member of the BNP anyway?

Latest posts

Back