Dvd

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haughton Honey

Drone Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
Lots of Commercial hives.......
I just thought I'd mention that I'm about to sit down with a sherbert in hand, relax and watch 'The Monk & The Honeybee' on DVD, which chronicles the work of Brother Adam.

I'm sure that you all wanted to know that :sifone:

Good DVD.....enjoy....thanks for letting us know what your up to,was getting worried.;)

I enjoyed it even though I found it a little obsequious (if that's the correct word)

I can stop panicking, I thought we'd lost you!!!

Hmmm......interesting, but very dated. Obviously he was a great and committed man in many ways....but the underlying vibe that I got was that his way was always THE way. Regardless. I might be wrong though.

Interesting to watch and, for me at least, my favourite bit was the transporting the bees to the heather at the beginning and the filming of the African log hives suspended in the trees at the end!

WPC - I'd agree with your assessment of him; I could stick my neck out and say something about rel**ion but I won't for fear of offending people, but I have met similar people who are ultra sure that their way is the right way and no other way should be considered...still, he did achieve alot with his bees....

didn't he ?

Somerford

yep great queen breeding and interbreeding and the proberable cause of varroa in the uk?

I personaly am a great brother Adam lover, to have the gift of a life spent soley looking at bee's would be great, i think??

some of his works and research still has relavence in the modern world as some of the breeds he delt with are proberly to inter breed to be found again in the modern world.

the biggest thing that i have always carried from his works is the fact that with hard work it is possible to breed your own personal attributes to the bee breed that you use. they are then breed apart the best type of the bees for you and your area

Hedgerow,pm me your address and I will pop an xmas pressie in the post ;)

Any chance I could borrow it after?

Would love to see it and would be willing to send it back / onwards.

Latest posts

Back