Dry wax & Microwave

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you loosen a lid to microwave something you might as well take the lid off !

And let boiling honey be thrown all over the interior???..if you get the power settings wrong.

I was very skeptical when told you could leave the lid on on...but tried it and it's fine. you don;t destroy your microwave. {Disclaimer...its fine in mine....:driving:.}
BUT you need to be careful, short 30s bursts until runny again.

What metal objects? .....................

It was in a take away shop in an inexpensive part of town, I am a poor man. What metal objects were being cooked I don't know, but it was definitely the last time the appliance was used for cooking anything! I now have a near irrepressible urge to try cooking a shotgun cartridge to see what happens...... cordite flavoured soup anyone? :p

It was in a take away shop in an inexpensive part of town, I am a poor man. What metal objects were being cooked I don't know, but it was definitely the last time the appliance was used for cooking anything! I now have a near irrepressible urge to try cooking a shotgun cartridge to see what happens...... cordite flavoured soup anyone? :p

Maybe these guys already have the answer :)

https://youtu.be/id9ll_RwT_U

I'm surprised that Colin Furze hasn't tried to destroy a microwave, but it appears that although he's turned them into fridges and games consoles, he hasn't actually blown one up. Yet.

Last edited:

I like that idea! Safety screen, please :)

In honour of this thread I heated my dinner last night-leftover indian-in its foil container.

I think nothing would happen as no water present but have not tried. I can however tell you what happens if an au bain Marie goes explosive in the microwave :)

Hint: should it happen: warm up a wet towel in the centre of the microwave and wipe clean while hot. that took me a few days of experimenting and enduring nagging from SWMBO.

MAJOR DRIFT ALERT (but c'mon, this thread deserves it...)

Does anyone use beeswax for corrosion prevention on cars etc? Seems like its stickiness should make it well suited.

I once suggested in reply to a question, that synthetic grease be used to combat light corrosion on ratchet straps used to tie down hives. The lady in question decided to use beeswax instead, it was mid summer and it melted nicely onto the metal.

Latest posts

Back