Drivers for the £40 lidl microscope

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris_richmond

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Hi

Has anyone got the drivers for the £40 lidl microscope that they can either point me to or email to me, I cant seem to find my driver disc anywhere.

Cheers Chris

I don't have those drivers but in a former life I was involved with computers.

Many devices like the one you mention are based on a chip called SN9C201 .

If all else fails you could google it, and get drivers and software for it that way.

If you're lucky you might find the actual brand manufacturer for your device and get the drivers and software from their website.

Good luck :) JC.

Hi JC

Trouble is I am soooo lazy when it comes to computer stuff for myself as that what I do all day at work (computer tech at a high school with 900 pc's and laptops) I just cant be bothered when I get home, but I feel certain that someone on here will have the same microscope, I cant be the only beek that got one at that price.

Cheers Chris

Ah, I think it's a Bresser. google it, go on !

I bought one of these from Lidl yesterday as they were on special offer. I've loaded all the software and the camera works OK (slowly) but I can't get it to capture the image. The button works, but no image comes up in the preview screen. The software with this camera is Photomizer SE.

Anyone else got this setup that could help?

Thanks

I bought one as well but not loaded the software yet.

wilderness,

A fellow in Lidl said they did not move very quickly last time they were stocked. I was a bit surprised at that. I suggested he circulate all the local beekeepers/BKAs.

The software is labelled MicrOcular VGA by Arcsoft Photolmpression 5 MD-35 driver.

I think it works OK

The advert says it comes in a zip up bag; mine came in a rigid square case with zipped-on lid. Is this a cheaper storage offering this time around, or is it the same as mine?

Still mickey mouse quality compared with my 'proper' microscope, but still worth the 50 quid.

Regards, RAB

Mine also came in a black rigid bag - very nice. The 'scope itself is pretty good for the price and it feels quite solid.

The webcam is cheap and struggles with the low light levels. I've found that unless you have full bottom light the cam doesn't respond and you get a black image. It is also very slow to respond to focus changes (10-15 seconds!)

I've downloaded a better piece of software called Vision GS which responds everytime to the "Capture" button.

Watch this space for some images ...

wilderness

Could you point me to the place to down load the GS software.

many thanks

mik

Back