Doohhh!!!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 National Hives & 1 Observation Hive.(Indoors) & lots of empty boxes..
How clever is this?

My mother in law is having trouble receiving incoming calls.

She can call out so contacted the Post Office who said it was a technical fault and they would come and fix it.

They didnt come so she called them back later today and they told her "we've being trying to call you to arrange a time, but didnt get any answer"

After about 6 visits from engineers who say that there is nothing wrong with the phone.....the only incoming calls it accepts is from two numbers......

We phone up on her behalf from her phone and all they say every time is that they will report it and send out an engineer.........
It doesnt seem to register anywhere that if there is nothing wrong with her phone that the problem must be elsewhere, but I suppose its tea break by then..

Make an official complaint. I tried for three months to get broadband, I wrote a formal letter of complaint, complained to offcom, they gave me a reference number. I was allotted my very own bt person with her mobile number for contact who then got the problem sorted in three days!
On another complaint I emailed the boss....... I will try and find his email address for you, once again, sorted in two days!
E

Make an official complaint. I tried for three months to get broadband, I wrote a formal letter of complaint, complained to offcom, they gave me a reference number. I was allotted my very own bt person with her mobile number for contact who then got the problem sorted in three days!
On another complaint I emailed the boss....... I will try and find his email address for you, once again, sorted in two days!
E

Email the boss at
ian.livingstone@ bt.com
Or the person who replied to this email for me at
[email protected]
I hope these emails come out, if not I will pm you
E
They seem to have come out ok. Don't say you got them from me though!!!

Last edited:
After about 6 visits from engineers who say that there is nothing wrong with the phone.....the only incoming calls it accepts is from two numbers......

We phone up on her behalf from her phone and all they say every time is that they will report it and send out an engineer.........
It doesnt seem to register anywhere that if there is nothing wrong with her phone that the problem must be elsewhere, but I suppose its tea break by then..

The post office has previous on this. Put the boot and escalate big time.

For some reason I can't pm you dishmop. Hope you get the email addresses. Let me know how it goes!
E

They have been phoned nearly every day and all we get out of them is that they will send an engineer.......
We ask to speak to somebody in a position of authority but get nowhere.

Will try those emails etc.
Thanks..

No problem, I emailed the boss Ian livingstone and set out a complete history of my problems. Two working days later cathie brough rang me. Everything was sorted immediately and I got compensation. Lay it on with a trowel. But be nice to the person who rings you ....if they do......
Good luck
Let me know how you get on!
E

I emailed both those people. Had trouble with one address but then noticed that there is an extra space after the @.

Got a phone call just now from a lady who said that as she works for BT and the PO she cant really do much.
Its a Number Portability Dept problem with Open Reach.

After two months the problem was resolved.......
They said sorry...Gave her credit for the period the phone didnt work properly..

It was an exchange fault.

now they are asking for £120 (might be more) because the engineers didnt find anything wrong with her phone..Phoned her up and asked for her credit card details....Luckily somebody else answered the phone so they didnt get them.

They have written her a letter saying that after further invstigation it still shows that there was no problem with her phone and therefore she will have to pay. She is too worried about phoning them because it takes ages to get thro and then passed around........... I told her that if they phone again to point out to them that if as they say there was no fault with the phone,,,as indeed there wasnt as it was exchange fault, why did they give her compensation?
Obviously different departments... but similar box ticking idiot employees.

After two months the problem was resolved.......
They said sorry...Gave her credit for the period the phone didnt work properly..

It was an exchange fault.

now they are asking for £120 (might be more) because the engineers didnt find anything wrong with her phone..Phoned her up and asked for her credit card details....Luckily somebody else answered the phone so they didnt get them.

They have written her a letter saying that after further invstigation it still shows that there was no problem with her phone and therefore she will have to pay. She is too worried about phoning them because it takes ages to get thro and then passed around........... I told her that if they phone again to point out to them that if as they say there was no fault with the phone,,,as indeed there wasnt as it was exchange fault, why did they give her compensation?
Obviously different departments... but similar box ticking idiot employees.

A couple of years ago I had a fault on my BT Line ... they came out and tested it and told me categorically that there was no fault on the line .. sent me a £100 bill for calling them out unnecessarily ... The fault remained and eventually I called BT Faults again to report the dreadful interference on the line - only to be told that they could not hear me as there was too much interference on the line ... I will leave to your imagination what my response was.

They eventually traced the problem to the line between the phone handset and the phone socket on the wall - and were very disappointed to find out that the phone on the end of the line was an old BT rented phone and as such the cost to fix it was THEIRS !!! Sometimes the Dragon wins ...

I left BT a year or so ago after 40 years with them in favour of PLUSNET ... a fraction of the cost of what we were paying with BT and the sort of service you hope for - A Yorkshire company of course but ... believe it or not ... OWNED BY BT !! I think BT leave them alone because they can't do any better by interfering .....

We have had similar problem with BT and Open Reach. We have recently converted an old barn which is 1 km from the nearest BT connection. Open Reach surveyed the site and eventually came up with a fee of £18,000 for the connection. We complained as we could not afford that sort of money and they would not confirm we would be able to get Broadband. We again complained and eventually we were asked if we could put the line in our selves, which we did for £600 (hire of digger and an Irish driver for a week). Then the problems started BT would not recognise that a new line had been installed and our property did not exist.
In the end I contacted the Ombudsman and it was only sorted out when a lady at BT Norwich took the problem to hand and sent a few rockets. Sorry I do not have the lady's contact details

Just keep at them and contact the Ombudsman.

The Ombudsman is not always on your side. I had reason to complain to the Financial Ombudsman by phone and before I sent them my evidence they issued a judgement in favour of the bank. And once judgement is made they can't reverse it, even though they admit having had no submission from me. Fair? I think not.

The Ombudsman is not always on your side. I had reason to complain to the Financial Ombudsman by phone and before I sent them my evidence they issued a judgement in favour of the bank. And once judgement is made they can't reverse it, even though they admit having had no submission from me. Fair? I think not.

That's a bit unusual .. I've had a few occasions to complain to the Financial Ombudsman - always had very fair (albeit somewhat slow at times) treatment. I complained about the way the IR had dealt with my tax affairs and the way they had treated me .. She found very much in my favour and I got a real grovelling letter of apology and admission that they had behaved badly from the IR (not something you will often see !) - Sadly, she also told me the tax bill was valid and I would have to pay it !!

left and right hand?

parts of the following have been deleted for brevity but this the jist

i had a fault on the broadband but not the phone line,.. called isp they tested the bandwidth it was 1/20th it was previously. isp agreed , they tested with openreach provided diagnostic b it said PSTN fault. I was instructed to log a fault with BT retail... BT retail tested it they said broadband fault and because the phone is working go back to ISP
..ISP said i need to close fault with BT rretail otherwise they cant retest ... phone BT retail to close fault ...ISP retest they tested with openreach provided diagnostic b it said PSTN fault. I was instructed to log a fault with BT retail... BT retail tested it they said broadband fault and because the phone is working go back to ISP
..ISP said i need to close fault with BT rretail otherwise they cant retest ... phone BT retail to close fault ...ISP retest they tested with openreach provided diagnostic b it said PSTN fault. I was instructed to log a fault with BT retail... BT retail tested it they said broadband fault and because the phone is working go back to ISP
..ISP said i need to close fault with BT rretail otherwise they cant retest ... phone BT retail to close fault ...ISP retest they tested with openreach provided diagnostic b it said PSTN fault. I was instructed to log a fault with BT retail... BT retail tested it they said it broadband fault and because the phone is working go back to ISP

...I got fed up withis and said i needed someone to fix this, BT retail sent an engineer but threatened me with charges. I got stroppy at this, I asked why they had withdrawn my broadband capability on my PSTN line. They said it was the ISP problem not theirs.

I was stuck because the Openreach diagnostics supplied to BT retail and the ISP disagreed and there was no contractual or process to deal with the situation.
After stern words and asking where they would like this made public, BT retail agreed to conference call with the ISP. After conference calls with BT and the ISP they agreed they would both tell openreach to get a soltuion. ... Both their contacts in openreach said it wasnt their problem. another conference call .. did we need the regulator involved? openreach sent an engineer they said it was wire on pole now fixed.

.. another conference call
...openreach send a man to exchange ..

.. another conference call
...openreach send a man to exchange ..
..ISP said i need to close fault with BT rretail otherwise they cant retest ... phone BT retail to close fault ...ISP retest they tested with openreach provided diagnostic it works!!! it took

This had taken 3 weeks! and over 20 hours of my time...it took the engineers a total of 20minutes to actually find and fix the fault once the process allowed them. Open reach BB engineers dont work on PSTN faults and vice versa there is no process to deal on one in the middle.

Then the wrangling for compensation for project managing a solution around their conttractual and process problems...
eventually got 3 month pstn rental off them.

Last edited:
Sister in law managed to contact PO and talk to somebody with a brain. They were not happy about somebody form another part of the company phoning and asking for credit card payment. It seems that other than not owing them money that she is over £300 in credit because of the compensation and refunds they have given her..

Latest posts

Back