Beekeeping Forum

Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

Murox 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
other
Running true to form.

At least the Scottish conservative Douglas Ross retains his honour. Sadly whatever your views and opinions the fact remains that the vast majority actually voted these “truth twisters” into power knowing full well how and what they did previously.

B+. 

Reaction score
Hive Type
langstroth
Number of Hives
Quite a few
A quick, or even lengthy note to ones MP is worthwhile here. The concept of two people so dozy they cannot remember conversations attempting to run the country is just scary, quite apart from all the other damage done...
Unfortunately, my MP is Nadine Dorries who (in all probability) infected both Dominic Cummings and Boris Johnson, so, she's not going to be any use at all (is she ever?).

roche 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Unfortunately, my MP is Nadine Dorries who (in all probability) infected both Dominic Cummings and Boris Johnson, so, she's not going to be any use at all (is she ever?).
Still worth a moment...

Fritillary 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
3 TBH + 3 Nat (+ Nucs)
At least the Scottish conservative Douglas Ross retains his honour. Sadly whatever your views and opinions the fact remains that the vast majority actually voted these “truth twisters” into power knowing full well how and what they did previously.
There are more who agree with you than you think.
I read that the actual percentage of votes won by the Conservatives was just 43.6%.

enrico 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Perhaps a serving/former police officer can advise on this: I thought driving while impaired was an offence. Is this not so? Perhaps I, like so many others, have just misunderstood the rules.
The latter category......whilst impaired through drugs or alcohol.....
It depends wether you could prove driving without due care and attention.......doubtful!
E

Beersmith 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
none
I think there will be even more very unhappy people in government when more publicity is given to another deliberate lie told by Cummings yesterday.

He made a claim about having warned of the risks of coronavirus in his blog more than a year ago. But checks on his update history revealed this was untrue. The changes were made very recently to fit his claim.

Very strange behaviour. He seems to be a pathalogical liar. This was a non issue. No-one was focussing on his blog. But he deliberately chose to tell a lie for no obvious purpose, apart to boost his personal reputation. Appalling judgement and completely unnecessary as it will just keep the fiasco running.

But he is impregnable, and is clearly the real boss in Downing street. Just look how many ministers with hugely imprtant responsibilties are instead wasting valuable time defending him to the media. Gove in particular seems to be acting as a personal cheer leader.

Cummings is like a ventriloquist and Johnson is the dummy. When did you ever hear of the dummy getting rid of the ventriloquist

mbc 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Just like Johnson - two cheeks of the same arse.
Why tell the truth when a lie will do?
Not even a competent lie either, would anyone have batted an eyelid if they'd just said "we need to move around to accomplish our key work"?

B+. 

Reaction score
Hive Type
langstroth
Number of Hives
Quite a few
Not even a competent lie either, would anyone have batted an eyelid if they'd just said "we need to move around to accomplish our key work"?
What "key work" did he have at Durham/Barnard Castle? Visiting the GSK site, perhaps? (They announced a big drug manufacture deal with Senofi a couple of days later).

mbc 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
What "key work" did he have at Durham/Barnard Castle? Visiting the GSK site, perhaps? (They announced a big drug manufacture deal with Senofi a couple of days later).
That's the point, I'm sure 95%+ of their work isn't in the public domain, easy enough to deny it was a jolly.

Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Miriads
We have a WAR TIME situation.
Time to sack all these publicity seeking Tories and form a coalition cabinet with people selected for their leadership and qualifications... rather than the bumbling bunch of baffoons leading us over the financial cliff like a load of lemmings we have at the moment.
My vote for the leader of the new peoples government would be the present leader of the opposition Labour party... only one to be showing any form of consideration for the country in this time the Chinese Pox pandemic!

Murox 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
other
Truth twisting deceivers and their advocates are not worthy of contempt – they are beneath it.

An interesting feature - the "not worthy" emoji just put itself into the sentence it should read n0t w0rthy

Last edited:

jenkinsbrynmair 

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Too many - but not nearly enough
My vote for the leader of the new peoples government would be the present leader of the opposition Labour party...
What? another thatcherite neoliberal who's silence over the last few weeks has been deafening.

mbc 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
What? another thatcherite neoliberal who's silence over the last few weeks has been deafening.
To be fair, standing back and watching the government make a pigs ear of the situation seems to be working as a tactic, it's a long wait for the next GE

Stiffy 

Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
50+
To be fair, standing back and watching the government make a pigs ear of the situation seems to be working as a tactic, it's a long wait for the next GE
Unfortunately letting them stew in their own lies also has an impact on the number of deaths we are getting. I am old enough to realise that after 2-3 terms of any party in power , you end up with the ‘rump’ of running the government. Bloody awful timing as we have not only have the rump but inner arse in charge. I think a lot of the anger being expressed is also from many realising they were led and the lies told in Brexit come from the same bunch making us a country to be pitied around the world.
S

jenkinsbrynmair 

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Too many - but not nearly enough
I think a lot of the anger being expressed is also from many realising they were led and the lies told in Brexit come from the same bunch making us a country to be pitied around the world.
S
Brought it home to me when Innocent - the beekeeping trainer I'm mentoring out in Tanzania felt he had to phone me last week (from his two room mud brick hut in South Eastern Tanzania) to make sure we were OK after hearing what a hash our country was making in dealing with the whole Covid issue.

Last edited:

Latest posts