Dog found swarm

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corhob

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
WBC
Number of Hives
3 and 2 Nucs
Walking the dogs this morning across the fields in the rain . one of the dogs found a swarm in a patch of nettles they must have been there all night the bees where on the floor so i went back home , made a Nuc box and went back for the bees . Just been back over this afternoon and all the bees are now in the nuc box and a few flying around it , well done to my dog biscuit for finding the bees

Biscuit just barked that them i have just walked back over 5 field with the nuc and my bee suit on and i am very warm at the moment just put the nuc in my garden just to check the bees out over the coming weeks before i put them with my other bees. so a trip to the butcher tomorrow for Biscuit

Beebiscuit the champion dog!

With a bit of training?
I guess, in combination with a (climbing) monkey would be ideal, but how many of us will have one of those...

Last edited:
Walking the dogs this morning across the fields in the rain . one of the dogs found a swarm in a patch of nettles they must have been there all night the bees where on the floor so i went back home , made a Nuc box and went back for the bees . Just been back over this afternoon and all the bees are now in the nuc box and a few flying around it , well done to my dog biscuit for finding the bees

I think you owe him a silver spoon, Corhob...

Poor Bisc - thought you would have been pleased with the apiarist's version of a truffle dog - can't you just give the dog away to a good home?

Ah...made me laugh JBM ......maybe that's where the term dogleg comes from. I'll have one for my Sunday roast.....

Latest posts

Back