Does common sense still exist?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wingy

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
My wife keeps saying I’m too critical and should chill out but lack of common sense really Winds me up.
So Maismore sale came along and I went a bit mad. Today got my “DPD will deliver” notice.
Van turns up and I met the driver at the door with the first large box. Chit chat established there was a lot of stuff so after 3 large boxes he goes to photograph it. At which point I ask “where is the rest? Should be more than double what’s there”
Answer “probably on on of the other vans, there’s 3 doing this post code today”
FFS why not put it all on the same van?
Now going to work and only 1/3 of my stuff is here

My wife keeps saying I’m too critical and should chill out but lack of common sense really Winds me up.
So Maismore sale came along and I went a bit mad. Today got my “DPD will deliver” notice.
Van turns up and I met the driver at the door with the first large box. Chit chat established there was a lot of stuff so after 3 large boxes he goes to photograph it. At which point I ask “where is the rest? Should be more than double what’s there”
Answer “probably on on of the other vans, there’s 3 doing this post code today”
FFS why not put it all on the same van?
Now going to work and only 1/3 of my stuff is here
You're right of course, :devilish: but what about jobs for the boys?

They tend to split large orders for some reason. I think it is to do with postage costs. Then they end up on separate vans. Had it happen several times. A right pain

Could be vehicle payload exceeded by half a gram
The computer that calculates the route put the order on a separate vehicle.
Logistics systems will also often put two vans into the same street at the same time to ensure the two routes can be achieved within driving hours.
Or even Maisemore put it in two separate consignments ,due to a stock delay for example
It's crazy to a human mind but pure computer logic in accordance with the legal perameters given to it.
Irritating though

Latest posts

Back