• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Does anyone have any spare queens?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Queen's available now online.....
Google.....

i have seen more expensive purchased queens killed by beekeepers putting then in supposedly queen less hives than those that wait five weeks after emerging

so how does he know they are queenless, some of my AS have taken four week for the queen to produce eggs

Last edited:
Should I stay or should I go now?
You've got to let me know now?

Pesky bees. Not doing a thing they should.
Reminds me of my kids!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

i have seen more expensive purchased queens killed by beekeepers putting then in supposedly queen less hives than those that wait five weeks after emerging

so how does he know they are queenless, some of my AS have taken four week for the queen to produce eggs

One of my mating nucs where I have hunted high and low for evidence of a Q just failed to raise EQCs on a test frame 5 weeks after putting the cell in. Not definitive but they might well still be Q+.

Should I stay or should I go now?
You've got to let me know now?

Pesky bees. Not doing a thing they should.
Reminds me of my kids!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

So far this year I dont think any of them are doing what they did last year...

or the year before....

and the year before that.............

I am after a couple of mated queens to rescue my Q- hives.
Ideally local black bees.

Thanks

Don't waste money or time. Do as o90o says or add a frame of eggs and see what happens after a few days. Could be Q+ but slow on doing what comes naturally.

Latest posts

Back