Does anyone have any experience of these trays?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never used a tray. I just use overlapping clingfilm on the surfaces I'm working on. Then I roll it up when I'm done. All the mess ends up on the clingfilm. Absolutely no wiping required. I use a spare clean crownboard to put the supers on.
Cazza

black bag under supers? much cheaper option.

Any garden centre sells trays 2' square! cheap and cheerful and can double as an emergency roof as they are about 4" deep.

John Wilkinson

I could have really done with something to put a super on today to catch the drips. My dogs would prefer that I left them to drip all over the kitchen floor, but hey, it's a dog's life.

Does anyone use anything like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Home-Garden-G..._Pet_Supplies_Bee_Keeping&hash=item3ef76b6f2b

If so, is it any use?

Thanks.

i use one i purchased from Park Bees of Blackheath, it slightly cheaper at £7:45 plus Vat

i use it to transport honey supers in the back of my carpeted hatch back car and also when uncapping as a drip tray

and yes have used one as a roof with two bricks to keep it from blowing away

i use one i purchased from Park Bees of Blackheath, it slightly cheaper at £7:45 plus Vat

i use it to transport honey supers in the back of my carpeted hatch back car and also when uncapping as a drip tray

and yes have used one as a roof with two bricks to keep it from blowing away

As do i great little trays can hold over 30lb of honey when full! haha

I use recycling boxes as supplied by local authority. I clear the super lift out the frames and quickly transfer to box replacing lid. If you are strong enough and careful with stacking it will hold 22 SN1 frames.

I use gravel trays from garden centre, stops the sticky running everywhere, but you will need more than one, last one I bought was less than a fiver

I believe a certain company markets them on the basis that they stop domestic disputes. I use one every time i borrow Mrs Bloggs car and it's never worked for me?

FB

Latest posts

Back