Does any one know what this is please?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fortnum And Mason Bee Hives without the posh roof and entrance, probably made for common bees

Thank you, Redwood. I thought you were joking until I saw the video on the F&M website. What a load of pompous twoddle!
Steve

whatever it is don't buying as you are unlikley to get frames unless it is a uk size

it apears to be 12 frame short lug and possibley top be space

it alsoonly has one super, hhmmmmm had five supers on some of mine this year, so again can you get extra supers

nothing like DB - except for the presence of a porch of some description.

It was the porch that made me think of DB - but it isn't, as I've already said.

Do you know what type of hive it is?

no i don't.

and you didn't need to check dimensions to know it wasn't a DB since DBs are not twin walled (ie WBC like).

it appears to be 12 frame short lug and possibly top be space

it also only has one super,

Well, I never. The perception of the British Beekeeper never seems to amaze me.

From a photograph you managed to ascertain what you can't actually see, but perhaps you are working from memory, so the "appears" isn't actually factual. Hmmmm!

I want a pair of glasses like yours :)

So we all know why the thing is being flogged, because it's a bit unique and so a bit of a lemon.

Sorry about the ribbing MM, but I seem to remember all those pictures of comb over the last few years where speculative members suggested that they could see eggs, despite the angle of the blurry image that was glinting in the sun . . .

well it is easy to see that the frames have short lugs.

re beespace - there certainly appears to be at least a slight gap above the top bar ends - whether that is an intended half a beespace or just shoddy manufacture is anyone's guess.

you don't need glasses - just zoom browser.

If the vendor doesn't know (or won't definitely guarantee) and you don't know ... then don't bid beyond firewood price.
As ever with both beekeeping kit and eBay 'bargins'.

Latest posts

Back