Does anuone know the shorthand?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roche

Queen Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I was just reading the visit reports from the RBI (he dropped by in May) and there are some abbreviations used: QS ELB, that I cannot figure out...

Has anyone deciphered these before? What do they mean?

Cheers,

Roche

Queen seen, eggs larvae, brood??

Just a guess.

Ian

Thank you for that, there is a whole raft of abbreviations used on the forum that sometimes I sratch my head about until it dawns on me. But some I just don't get. Anyone out there with a complete list? I'm sure there will be a number of people out there it will help. Ta

Thank you for that, there is a whole raft of abbreviations used on the forum that sometimes I sratch my head about until it dawns on me. But some I just don't get. Anyone out there with a complete list? I'm sure there will be a number of people out there it will help. Ta

TLAs as we call them in work. Three letter Abbreviations or Three letter Acronyms. If you know what they stand for, you are part of the club.

One of the things a bee inspector is looking for is EFB - the notifiable disease, European Foul Brrod.

He/she would know that eggs and larvae is brood.

Are you saying you think it was a hand wrinting error and it shour read QC EFB

Thank you for that, every little tip helps. Not part of the club then, how elitist. I've found this forum very informative and with a little help I thought that someone in the CLUB may just list the abbreviations. Either you pretend to know what they mean to stay in the club OR you don't! As I said, it may help some 'newbees'.
Where about on the forum are they? Thanks

One of the things a bee inspector is looking for is EFB - the notifiable disease, European Foul Brrod.

He/she would know that eggs and larvae is brood.

ELB in my notes means Eggs,Larvae and sealed brood, so note it down to make sure the queen is performing well

Latest posts

Back