Do I risk it?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
5...2 wooden National, 2 poly Nat & 1 poly nuc...bursting at the seams
Reading Honey & Dust by Piers Moore Ede, he says that in areas of France they site bees over underground water sources, and that the bees do 3 times as well as others sited locally but die quicker and are a bit bad tempered.

So having gone round the garden with a dowsing rod and found 2 active spots...do I spend the winter persuading my FinL to let me have a hive on the edge of the back lawn and risk it, laugh at the thought or am I cracking up under bee stress??:blush5:

Hi Queen 59

with regard to bee behaviour if placed over underground water sources I cannot say. However dousing is an ancient art. Some say cobblers but Shell Oil as well as others employ dousers professionally. And I know that because I have met a couple as part of my job.

Dousing works though I cannot say how as such. As for placing them over water - it would be due to the belief that moving water is an ethereal energy source. So by placing them over it you are charging them with earth energy. The moving water would be believed to bring in fresh energy and take away with its flow, any crap. Crap being bad energy or negativity. Therefore making happier bees.

Dousing picks up anything - electromagnetic, water, buried pipes, gold. You just think about what you want to pick up when you do the dousing and it will react if its there.

Its an old pagan custom which has its roots in "some" fact I would say.

Good luck btw

Maybe something in it.
Move them and let us know what the differences, if any, are.

Yup have come across this and it would be due to being sited on geo thermal warmth?

PH

is it lay lines ?

feel the force ???

house drainage covers didn't move the dowsing rods

Try it again, while someone flushes the loo, or empties the bath!

You must live in a posh house Oliver

Haha! Yours still emptied when the bucket/sump gets full? There was one like that, where I grew up, but an internal flush WC was fitted before I was born. We avoided the local village when the sh*t cart was in the street!

Regards, RAB

We had this argument FinL and me against my other half...so FinL went in and flushed whilst I held the rods and Hubby watched - they still didn't move. Before you ask - we put the dowsing rod ends in metal pipe so that we were holding that and not the rod itself...

Reading Honey & Dust by Piers Moore Ede, he says that in areas of France they site bees over underground water sources, and that the bees do 3 times as well as others sited locally but die quicker and are a bit bad tempered.

So having gone round the garden with a dowsing rod and found 2 active spots...do I spend the winter persuading my FinL to let me have a hive on the edge of the back lawn and risk it, laugh at the thought or am I cracking up under bee stress??:blush5:

Sounds like a good experiment to me, if you're willing to try it. Lot in what you say, dousing works:.)

If you do let us know how you get on:.) Di.
bee-smillie

I'm working on the persuasion - I must admit I believe in dowsing BUT not sure whether it would be fair on the girls...a bit left field, but sounds really interesting.

Back