Do I need to retake module 1 and 2?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yellowbelly

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I am thinking of taking some modules this year, however having taking the old style Intermediate exam 20 years ago and then taking module 1 and 2, 11 or 12 years ago. am thinking of taking some more. I have feeling that if you don't take all the modules in a certain amount of time you need to retake them to get the benefit! (go towards advanced theory?
TIA

This is not the forum to get meaningful info on BBKA exams as many members including certain moderators are anti anything to do with BBKA especially the examinations. Along with Celia Davis , I wrote the syllabi for the original modules when they replaced the two (scientific and practical) 3 hour (bladder busting) written papers for the intermediate and senior certificates. I served on the exam board for many years (several as chairman) and in that time and ever since the module syllabi have been reviewed and updated several times (contrary to the above statement from JBM) I suggest you contact the BBKA exam secretary Nicky Cambell or the chairman Marin Anastasov of the board via the BBKA headquarters to find out the correct answers/information you require.

This is not the forum to get meaningful info on BBKA exams as many members including certain moderators are anti anything to do with BBKA especially the examinations. Along with Celia Davis , I wrote the syllabi for the original modules when they replaced the two (scientific and practical) 3 hour (bladder busting) written papers for the intermediate and senior certificates. I served on the exam board for many years (several as chairman) and in that time and ever since the module syllabi have been reviewed and updated several times (contrary to the above statement from JBM) I suggest you contact the BBKA exam secretary Nicky Cambell or the chairman Marin Anastasov of the board via the BBKA headquarters to find out the correct answers/information you require.
Why.. There is folk on here that have taken them.. I for one plan to take modules 1+2 this year I'm revising for it know. I'm also taking my basic exam.

Mbk.. You have posted is that not meaningful?

Thanks will contact Nicky Cambell :)

Why.. There is folk on here that have taken them.. I for one plan to take modules 1+2 this year I'm revising for it know. I'm also taking my basic exam.

Mbk.. You have posted is that not meaningful?

I suppose the crux of the matter is the original reason this forum was created aeons ago.

I am thinking of taking some modules this year, however having taking the old style Intermediate exam 20 years ago and then taking module 1 and 2, 11 or 12 years ago. am thinking of taking some more. I have feeling that if you don't take all the modules in a certain amount of time you need to retake them to get the benefit! (go towards advanced theory?
TIA
Hi you have to take them all within 12 years in order to achieve the Advanced theory certificate (this is issued once all 7 modules have been passed). I did read in this months edition of BBKA news that they’re looking to change this rule, along with the way exams are taken. A new on line invigilated exam is being offered (triggered by Covid) this April, if you’re thinking of taking some more, the deadline to apply is Jan 31st (usually via your local association secretary) for this April (think 24th is the date). Both paper based and on line will be offered in the exams later in the year - November, but they are wanting to move most exams to on line invigilation eventually.
Elaine
P.s for a couple of years I volunteered as an ordinary BBKA member, to coordinate exams and assessments for Yorkshire beekeepers. I arranged training courses across the 23 associations in Yorkshire. I’m currently education sec for my local association, so I know a bit about how they work, so don’t hesitate to ask or private message me. I’d be happy to help.

Last edited:
I see two recent posts of curly green fingers and my reply have been deleted presumably by the moderators. Perhaps the person who did this could PM me to let me know why? The content was informative regarding exams. I have emailed ppts to CGF that I developed to prepare YBKA candidates to help prepare them for module 1 and 2.

I see two recent posts of curly green fingers and my reply have been deleted presumably by the moderators. Perhaps the person who did this could PM me to let me know why? The content was informative regarding exams. I have emailed ppts to CGF that I developed to prepare YBKA candidates to help prepare them for module 1 and 2.
If anything was deleted, you would have been informed of the reason why

Not me. We can still see deleted posts. Where are they? All your posts are still here on this thread.

Ive recieved said emails.. Today.
What thread? I can see all your posts on here this one.

The BBKA removed the 12 year restrictions in 2020 during Covid. Talk to the BBKA office or email the exam board

Latest posts

Back