do drones rob

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phayze

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
1 national
hi i seem to have a lot of very large drones trying to get into my hives slightly larger than my drones and a lot darker some of my girls are removing some of them so i am worried they may be trying to rob my hives do drones do this?

thanks peter

hi i seem to have a lot of very large drones trying to get into my hives slightly larger than my drones and a lot darker some of my girls are removing some of them so i am worried they may be trying to rob my hives do drones do this?

thanks peter

No, they just aren't so fussy which home they live in!

Have you been feeding those bees Phayze? Too much in the way of stores for the number of bees? Drones would call it eating at the best restaurant...

havent been feeding them but they had a virgin waiting to mate for about 3+ weeks a lot of stores built up whilst they were waiting,

havent been feeding them but they had a virgin waiting to mate for about 3+ weeks a lot of stores built up whilst they were waiting,

Best restaurant on the block then. Mature drones can feed themselves in a hive just fine.

thanks for the replies hope they go soon,will have to open up i think and remove what i can was hoping they would take it up into the super but as soon as she started to lay they stopped drawing out supers or at least thats how it seems

Latest posts

Back