Divine providence ?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have a bench that is easily moved to under a tree (if it gets to hot). So relaxing to just sit there and watch (with binoculars sometimes - just to get a better view), with a cup of tea - or even better - a glass of wine.

Not silly at all, you could hardly get me away in my first season. Had some rather strppier bees to deal with, but very excited to have a colony back in the garden.

What do you mean just in the first season? I go up the garden at least three times a day just to watch them! :)

Since Tuesday I now have bees back in the garden. Just started taking my morning coffee out again! :)

We have a bench that is easily moved to under a tree (if it gets to hot). So relaxing to just sit there and watch (with binoculars sometimes - just to get a better view), with a cup of tea - or even better - a glass of wine.

lol, i have a pair of binoculars too, by the back window - glad I'm not the only mad one, my wife alughs at me standing there :)

The strange thing is, we've lived here for 25+ years and never ever seen a swarm, the first one that comes arrives just as I'm doing my first hive, Divine providence or what not worthy

Regards
Ray

Would you care for an online Blessing then???

Rev.d John T Smith...............:biggrinjester:

Would you care for an online Blessing then???

Rev.d John T Smith...............:biggrinjester:

One online blessing coming up :cool:

May your bees always return to their hives and your swarms land within catching distance, Amen.

BTW, are you the Rev.d John Smith from Tadcaster ? I've worshiped at your local 'altar' more than a few times :cheers2:
(dont worry the northerners will get that one :D)

Regards
Ray

outstanding, was it the smell of the glue ?

My shed/workshop's about 20 yards away from the apple tree where the swarm landed so I dont think the PVA had anything to do with it, probably just one of those very strange coincidences, then again, if I get another swarm while I'm building hive No2 I'm buying every bottle of PVA in the local DIY shop :biggrinjester:

lol, i have a pair of binoculars too, by the back window - glad I'm not the only mad one, my wife alughs at me standing there :)

So have I but then again i need binoculars just to see the back of the garden!:D - have a quick decko whilst waiting for the kettle to boil each morning

Lovely story!

I had something similar. I bought a broken lawn mower for parts off of ebay last year, the seller had put the wrong postcode on the listing. I still went and drove the 30 mile drive. I got there and I notice quite a few bees looking at my car which always has that beek's whiff about it. We loaded the lawn mower into the car when a swarm hovers and lands on a tree close by just 1 meter off the ground. I was lucky that had my kit in the car. But yeah I went home with a lawn mower and with a swarm of bees.

I now have bees back in the garden. Just started taking my morning coffee out again! :)

Similar Skyhook, having moved all bees to my out apiary, my wife and kids (who don't participate) have complained they can't watch the bees so I now have a single colony back in the garden, so my passive board of directors can monitor my/their performance :biggrinjester:

I also run my bait hive at home so it's easier to monitor. Mind, first sign of any aggression and they'll be off to the apiary!

Latest posts

Back