Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

Bcrazy 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
none
Number of Hives
nil bees given away all colonies
I have had the privilage of viewing all known brood diseases and other infections of the hive at first hand at the National Bee Unit.

I have tried to show members what to look for when carrying out a hive inspection.

I hope its of some help.

The remainder are following on.

admin 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Made this a sticky Bcrazy,nice post.

Bcrazy 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
none
Number of Hives
nil bees given away all colonies
cont;

Here are the last few.

Regards;

Polyanwood 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Yes I enjoyed it too!! More I say.

DrNick 

House Bee
Reaction score
Doncaster in the former West Riding of Yorkshire.
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
That is really good, thank you for sharing that. Hi everyone, I am new to beekeeping and to this forum, I wander if anyone has any suggestions for good books on bee diseases etc?
Thanks.

Chris.

rich 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
And the talk Bcrazy gives with these slides is truly fascinating. I was lucky enough to hear him last month at the CBKA.
Thanks Bcrazy for a taking the time to remind us, and re-fresh our memories of the P&D's out there.
Rich

jim24 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
other
Number of Hives
Here are the last few.

Regards;
In my first year of keeping. Have put on supers and one month on the bees have drawn comb on four frames in the super and filled but not capped them with honey however there are four or five cells which are about half full and definitely grey. Should I be worried?

Frisbee 

Drone Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
In my first year of keeping. Have put on supers and one month on the bees have drawn comb on four frames in the super and filled but not capped them with honey however there are four or five cells which are about half full and definitely grey. Should I be worried?
It's probably pollen, they do store pollen in the supers, it won't be a brood disease as the queen shouldn't be in there laying.....always assuming you have a queen excluder on. :)

Frisbee

jim24 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
other
Number of Hives
It's probably pollen, they do store pollen in the supers, it won't be a brood disease as the queen shouldn't be in there laying.....always assuming you have a queen excluder on. :)

Frisbee
Yes there is a queen excluder on so I am greatly releived. Would you recommend leaving this honey for them for the winter or wait a month and take it?

Loubee 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
The photos and information are really useful, it must have taken a lot of time to put together.
Thank you :)

saraindevon 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Hello Bcrazy/all;
I'm new here (and new to beekeeping) I wanted to look thru the Diseases pic files but all I can see is a blank box with the word "thumbernails attached" but not actual pictures- any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I can see from comments that others can see them no problem so I suspect is something on my settings but don't know what(?) If anyone know please let me know; have a problem on my new hives and trying to figure out what it is, wanted to check pics before asking ;)
thank you
sara

Anduril 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
20+
Nothing wrong with your settings. You could start a new thread in the beginners section after looking at JWF's links from the NBU.

Latest posts