Quantcast

Disabling preferences

Beekeeping Forum

Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

Reaction score
Hive Type
wbc
Number of Hives
I have disabled all email preferences as my inbox was getting cluttered up with replies to threads l was watching etc. This was two weeks ago, however, l still get these updates daily. I don't want them. I have disabled everything l can, what else can l do?

Erichalfbee 

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Have you tried clearing your browsing history cache and cookies?

Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
No, should l really need to do all that to change preferences on just one site?
You will have agreed to push notifications from the site ... that will be stored in the cache - it's usually a site function not a personal preference.

Reaction score
Hive Type
wbc
Number of Hives
You will have agreed to push notifications from the site ... that will be stored in the cache - it's usually a site function not a personal preference.
I never agreed to push notifications as l didn't know what that meant! But l have now cleared the browsing history cache and cookies. I shall wait and see.

Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I never agreed to push notifications as l didn't know what that meant! But l have now cleared the browsing history cache and cookies. I shall wait and see.
It's usually in a strap line at the bottom of the page "Beekeeping Forum would like your permission to enable push notifications. " If you accidentally click on the last bit ... you've got it !

Angie 

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have disabled all email preferences as my inbox was getting cluttered up with replies to threads l was watching etc. This was two weeks ago, however, l still get these updates daily. I don't want them. I have disabled everything l can, what else can l do?
Have you used the unsubscribe at the bottom of the latest newsletter? If so, it should stop.

Bottom line of the email:
1605026222563.png

Attachments

Latest posts